1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Lenny Albin

Discussion in 'General' started by Critter, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Driving over to the shop to open up and then get my annual physical blood work.

After that I am then driving out to Phoenix for Lenny’s celebration of life.

If you’re from the board and you happen to be going please introduce yourself to me.

Rob Linders

2. surfingsk8r

surfingsk8r Well-Known Member

I only got to meet Lenny once in person, but it was a very memorable and fond moment of mine.

He was at the IMS in DC (don't recall the year) doing a presentation an front end geometry and how it affected the motorcycle. I went up to him afterward to discuss some of his talking points and explain an issue I had been fighting with my setup. I figured at best he would spend a couple minutes with me and just offer some basic advice. Nope, he sat down and talked with me for almost an hour and really invested himself in my feedback to his questions. The only way I can describe it is that it was pure passion for his discipline and he wanted to share it with me. I will be forever grateful for the knowledge I received and I hope one day I can give back at a fraction of the capacity he did.

RIP Lenny.