1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retirement plans?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Dec 12, 2020.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

DO NOT do business with family unless you are willing to never talk to any family again or support chaos. Also long distance land lording is I think the 2nd or 3rd level of hell in Dante's book. Nothing wrong with real estate investing but do it local.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Will the van be down by the river ??

sharkattack, cha0s#242, Razr and 3 others like this.
  3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Cupcakes.....just buy a bunch of fucking cupcakes. :)

auminer and cortezmachine like this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Have you two ever camped together for any length of time?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Phl218 likes this.
  5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

We spend ungodly amounts of time traveling back and forth from LA to Utah. We sleep in a Volkswagen Passat together regularly. During the week we spend most of our time in bed together watching movies. Being in cramped space together for us is not hard. I get what you’re getting at and that isn’t really an issue

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Depends on how you look at it. I'm 39 and busted my nuts to pay my house off. Now its paid off and I kick myself in the ass for not buying more funds and shares and borrowing bank money on the cheap.

Best advice I can give any young man is start buying property and/or index funds.....yesterday.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And here I thought this place was just a bunch of assholes on parade... :D

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Forget saving money, spend it now! You could be dead by next week!
    Especially you, you must be living on borrowed time at this point.

Dammit son, you're a shooting star, we've been waiting for you to go out in a blaze of glory.
    I'd hate to think you're going to disappoint us and try growing old gracefully, what kind of
    shit is that? You deserve to be a legend, don't sell yourself short. Do something we can talk about for years.

Razr likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hope my burial check bounces!

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Buy gold. The dollars you save aren’t going to be worth anything in the next 5 years at the rate the Federal Reserve is printing money.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. auminer

:beer::crackup:

Razr likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’ve already prepaid for my funeral.

No cleaning fees when you own the wood chipper. ;)

13. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

If you've got dollars you don't want, I'll take them.

aftriathlete and pscook like this.
  14. auminer

I've made arrangements to donate my carcass to a body farm where they either use your remains in impact tests, largely related to how they can make combat transportation safer against IEDs, or they put you in various situations and let nature take its course and train/educate forensic pathologists on how the human body decomposes over time in different situations.

If there's enough left, in good shape, they donate your skeleton to a school.

If you ""die with"" the beerSARS, though, then it's on your survivors to make their own arrangements. A pine box underneath the oak tree out back would be fine by me.

15. sheepofblue

Why waste a perfectly good box?

MachineR1 and auminer like this.
  16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Also sounds like your woman needs to cut the cord with Utah and you need to cut your cord for Ca.

There are other places ya know. Where you can have a nice buffer from either family interfering in your relationship and you two can focus on each other.

And maybe just maybe you get away from whatever influences keep causing you to become a resident in taxpayer funded housing run by our Penal System.

If her sister and the roomy want a house. Let them apply for the loan and all that.

17. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’ve been all over the country. I’m good where I’m at. ‘Mercia sucks. I’m staying right here in LA until it’s time to retire. Then we’re moving to Baja where I’ll just kick back and rent jet skis to fat fucks in Hawaiian shirts. I’m a dual citizen so it’ll will be easier for me to own property .

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep..and as I tell my son.

1) Life is about choices. Make good choices and good things will happen....make bad choices, live with the consequences.

2) Money is opportunity, don't waste it.

Financially, California is a bad choice, and the high cost of living and high taxes makes it cost you lots of opportunity.

I'm NOT making a moral accusation here..I'm strictly talking about these two relate to your financial hopes. Aka, if you
    truly want to fulfill your goals, living in a place where gas is the highest in the Nation, housing is some of the highest, and
    taxes are the highest all work to defeat you. You're 40 and I'm 50. And without saying too much, right now, I'm where you want to be
    according to my monthly statements and maybe past that. Which is why I emphasize 1 and 2 so much to my son.

I'll emphasize them to you as well.

I live in Maryland, the problem is similar, but not California, yet. I look at the $50K a year I see taken from my pay and wonder what's lost
    every year in potential for me. I could go on, but that would wander into Dungeonish words. IF I could leave this place for a State Tax free
    place where I could increase the percentage contributed to my 401K instead of paying State Taxes, I would in a heartbeat. Or maybe I'd invest more in Amazon or Apple.

But, I have to wait until my son is 18 and out of high school. Once he's there, he and I are going to have a long long talk about what he wants in life and what I desire.
    We will see where we agree and where we differ and see if there's a compromise. I like having him around, so I'll be somewhat flexible. I realize there's a time for him to
    leave the nest and go on his own and author his own story. I get that. But maybe I can move to a place that's tax friendly for me, and allows him to go to a college that
    provides him the degree he wants and he and his Mom can benefit from in state tuition.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  19. sheepofblue

No stay in California, everywhere else is horrible. We all wish we could live there.

Phl218 and redtailracing like this.
  20. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

Cortez, sorry, but I've not been keeping up. Do you have a job?

Sabre699 likes this.