1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rest In Peace Bill Brown

Discussion in 'General' started by TLR67, Jul 30, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I hate starting posts like this but I know there are more people that need to know. I was informed yesterday that HMGP founder, was Ex AMA and WERA racer Bill Brown passed away here in Georgia this weekend due to complications he was having. Everyone please keep his family and closest friends in your thoughts. I know others like Mike Burns and Mitch Cato knew him decades longer than I did but I felt privileged for knowing him the last 5 years. He was a genuine , real, and very caring person and would talk with you about anything like a true friend about bikes or not. I am glad I got to see him at the Flat Track race in April and expressed my gratitude for what he has done with HMGP with the events everywhere from COTA to Indy and all in between. Please say a Prayer for Bill and give the right hand a extra twist next time you ride in his honor. I will share arrangements when posted.. Gonna Miss you Bill....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kept thinking about posting but couldn't figure out the words. Thanks for doing it.

I've known Bill for a long long time, gonna miss him.

TurboBlew, SBKBee, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I've got some calls to make.
    RIP Bill...God speed.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Farewell, racer.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Rest in Peace

TLR67 likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think I met him at my first track day at Jennings which was back in 2001-2002ish. I remember him greatly at early CCS races there. Very sad.

GarrettRick and TLR67 like this.
  7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Thank you for telling us. Even after he "retired" he did alot for the sport. His connections opened doors and he was a nice guy.

mike w and TLR67 like this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Farewell, racer. :flag:

10. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Rest easy, Bill

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

aw man.. this Bill Brown ! cool guy for sure. Sad day.

Quicktoy and Sabre699 like this.
  12. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Godspeed Racer and friend for decades. Always there to say "good job" when deserved and "jackass" when it wasn't. I'll miss visiting and sleeping with the YEC parts around me.

fastfreddie likes this.
  13. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

I've known Bill since the early 80's as a racer and later when he managed Jennings GP. After that he kept in touch trying to get me to bring my TZ750 to his historic meets. Always enjoyed talking to Bill, I'm going to miss him.

14. SBKBee

BUMP Just to keep it in the news. When someone has time, date of his service, please update. Thanks.

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Rest In Peace Bill. Such a great guy. Super passionate about bikes and racing. He'll be missed for sure.

16. SBKBee

Rumor has it there is something dedicated to Bill at the Road Atlanta event, can anyone shed light on this? Mongo?

17. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Postponed until a later date, I believe.

Someone should confirm . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes confirmed... Mike Burns should have something later...

19. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

God Bless, RIP

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Postponed, too many people with other plans that couldn't get changed.

SBKBee likes this.