1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rennsport Racing Bodies???

Discussion in 'General' started by 650 RACER, Oct 17, 2005.

1. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Hey anyone know if these guys are still around?

How would I contact. Their Internet site doesn't work???
    Thanks

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Every once in a while you'll see some of their stuff on ebay. I think they might be selling what they have left. I dont think they are still in business though because the link I had doesnt work.

3. 650 RACER

Any companies out Central/East make SV 650 based bodywork for the 2nd Gen SV's???? They had a good product. Fit well, crashed well. maintained the stock SV look.

4. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

If you judge their quality by he stuff I have on my 02 gix 600....I'd buy something else.:down:

5. 650 RACER

I had a different experience I guess. Fit w/ little to no issues. Finish was good and I crashed the shiot out of the set and it has held up reasonably well. I think I got the better part of 2+seasons out of the set....I also recall only paying like $400.....

6. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

For '03 and up SV's then Armour Bodies out of Canada make some really good stuff. I'm about to call them about some other things (*cough*repairs*cough*) which I've heard they are really good with too.

-Steve

7. Hammer 4

I guess you got lucky, or the dude that made mine had been inhaling to much resin that day, cuzz my lowers are an inche longer than the upper.....:Puke:

Plus none of the holes for the faring stay are EVEN close..3/4" off...well, you get the idea...:(

8. 650 RACER

Sounds like you had my same experience with Hotbodies:rolleyes:

9. Hammer 4

My next set.....after I trash these...will be Godfathers...:up:

10. 650 RACER

I am going Godfather as well.

11. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Just helped put a set of Godfathers on my friends 03 SV tonight. Not the best fitting stuff in the world and kind of rough, but, for half the price of a set of Sharkskins, they'll do I guess.
    Cheers, Lee S.

12. 650 RACER

What did you have to do to get it to fit? Where were the trouble spots?

Better things to do than spend hours trying to get bodywork to fit...But...Also don't believe in spending $600+ for stuff that just might end up flying down the track.

Thanks....

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Upper and lower didn't fit together well, dimples for the screen mount way off, cutouts rough around the edges and some bubbles/waves in the glass at the edges.
    Having said that, the SS tail fit well and looks great, the front fender looks good, and overall, the stuff looks good on the bike and, as far as the other stuff goes, it's nothing really bad (like the hotbodies stuff was when they first started making second gen SV stuff) and I don't mind doing a little work for the price. Hell, I enjoy it, to a certain extent.
    When I actually find an SV race bike for myself, if it needs bodywork, i'd buy it. Like you, I LOVE the Sharkskins stuff but absolutely won't pay that much for something that, more than likely, will get chucked down the road at some point. Unless, of course, I had $100 bills falling out of my a$$:D .
    Cheers, Lee S.

14. 650 RACER

Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't sound too bad.

BTW I just got done wiping my ass with $100 dollar bills. I'm rich bitch! :D

j/k

15. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Sharkskinz for 03+ SV650's and 1000's. The stuff mounts up perfect and holds up well and looks good. A little more than the others, but to me its worth it and ya get what you pay for.

16. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I have one of their first sets on my '02 gsxr 600 and besides it being a pain in the ass to fit (lots of cutting and flexing) and weighing about 2X as much as sharkskins....it sure crashed well! Not one piece broke off and the bike tumbled. The gel coat doesn't even crack from flexing.

However, I crashed an R6 with godfather bodywork on it and that bodywork was in MANY pieces after a lowside in the rain. :down: The gel coat constantly flakes off too.:rolleyes:

17. beevert127

beevert127 New Member

Hey everyone.... this is brian renn. If you want to try godfathers... they have all of my old moulds. So, if you need a replacment part they can fix u up there. The way its actually made i can't speak of. and the way the finish is.. i can't speak of. but the fit will be realitivly the same. If, you have questions.. please call me on my cell phone 513.617.6090. I AM OUT OF THE BODYWORK THING. Call me if you want to shoot the shit or you are having a problem fitting bodywork. I am a Cardiology Consultant in California now! hey... whatever.

Brian

18. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member