Recommended Sprockets for VIR

Discussion in 'Tech' started by k2xblade, Feb 16, 2006.

1. k2xblade

k2xblade Well-Known Member

whats a recommended sprocket setup for VIR? I've got an '03 R6. Right now i've got 15/50. I've still got the stock sprockets which are 16/48. Any suggestions?

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Which configuration (N, S, Patriot, Full)???

I can tell ya with certainty that your current set up will be too short on the N course. I ran 15/48 and liked the set up.

3. k2xblade

k2xblade Well-Known Member

thats actually a good question? Anybody know what course will be ran at VIR on March 11-12th?

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

North, we always race on the North no matter what.

5. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

People all have different opinions for what gearing to run. Good friend of mine was running 16x49 or a .327 ratio, I'm running pretty much the same 15x46 or .326 ratio. Many guys run the .326 ratio on your bike at VIR, however, this friend doesn't grab upshifts at turn three and turn 7 and a couple other places and I do. He switched to a 15x48 .3125 which in my opinion is too tall for the track. He dropped from a 1:40.8 to a 1:37.7 the same day, guess the taller gearing helped him out with his riding style. Best bet is to goto the practice with a few different gears and mix them up to see what you think. I'd say a 15x47 or 16x50 is a pretty good place to start and see how it feels. Everybody is different and experimentation is your best bet.

Z

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006