1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC51 Stolen

Discussion in 'General' started by NinerPilot, Jul 12, 2004.

1. NinerPilot

NinerPilot Well-Known Member

While I was at Grattan for a trackday a couple of weeks ago, someone stole my RC51 out of my garage. :down: Someone had called me asking about the 929 for sale and I gave them my father's cell phone and said he could show it to him. Well, Dad was out to dinner with Mom and told the caller (whose # was blocked on both phones) to meet him at the house at a later time so see the bike. Well, when they got there, the garage door was up and the RC was gone. There was the RC, my 929, and Dad's VFR in the garage, but the RC was closest to the door. Best we can tell, the caller probably had the intentions of comming to look at the 929 and seeing how easy it would be to steal, then come back later for it. Well when they found out that no one was home, they just helped themselves. They just took the RC, not the full set of race skins beside it or the new Shoei sitting on the VFR.

I live on a 1 mile dead end street in the country where up until now there was no crime. The worst thing to happen was kids rolling the trees on halloween. None of the neighbors saw or heard anything (key was in it so they could have ridden it) and the Sheriff Dept has no leads. The good news is that it was insured and Im in the process of getting it replaced, but it just chaps my ass that some worthless POS came into my home and took my bike! I can only hope that one day while at work (cop) I see my bike being ridden....

Here is a pic of it taken not too long ago, it has Mig CF high pipes without the badges, Vortex rearsets, a Scotts Damper, and 2inch mirror extenders. If anyone sees anything that looks like this or knows of parts for sale, please let me know. I was hoping they would find it in a ditch somewhere with a blown motor as I flipped the shifter on it.
    Chris

2. NinerPilot

Here is the Pic

Pic was too big the first time...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  3. damn

Sorry to hear about this bro. However, leaving your keys in the bike...dude that's just asking for it. I'm sure you and your dad have been leaving keys in for years and no problems but there is always that one chance. When I had my two bikes street/race and they were in my garage...I drilled a hole thru the garage door railing that lined up with a roller shaft from the door. I then slid a 1/2" X 10" injection molding ejector pin thru the roller shaft and then thru the rail. For one thing you couldn't tell it was there if you came in thru the hose, and two...you'd have to tear the entire frickin door down to get in. Even still I never left my keys in the bikes. Shoot at the dealership I don't even leave my key in the bike and it's surely covered...I hide it. Anyway, I sure hope you find these fookers...that shit just pisses me off. BTW I had a friend in Michigan that the same thing happened. He was selling his ZX-7RR 92 model I believe w/aluminum tank. Anyway, some guy was suppose to come see the bike...he told him his address, and bam next morning low and behold the bike was gone out of the garage where it was up front behind two cars. Later that week he came by the beach with it in the back of his truck. It was found in Indiana where it had been laid down on one side. Anyway, good luck bro.

4. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Re: damn

No, it's not. Leaving it running on a public street in the middle of the night is not even "asking for it." The bike was his, not theirs, and it was stolen. Not given. The problem displayed here is with the thieving cock-gobblers who think stealing is OK, not people who just want to keep their own possessions in their own homes.

What's the matter with you? Why would you kick someone when they're down with an 'I-told-ya-so' and a 'here's-how-I-did-it-better'? I'm glad you found a way to 100% secure your bike, Mr. Gadget, but that's not helping with the situation at hand. :rolleyes:

-Wish

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Re: Re: damn

:up:

6. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Hey, what was the license plate #? Any unique scratches, mods, etc? I'll keep a look out here in Murfreesboro.

7. uhhh

Previously posted:
    Anyway, I sure hope you find these fookers...that shit just pisses me off. BTW I had a friend in Michigan that the same thing happened. He was selling his ZX-7RR 92 model I believe w/aluminum tank. Anyway, some guy was suppose to come see the bike...he told him his address, and bam next morning low and behold the bike was gone out of the garage where it was up front behind two cars. Later that week he came by the beach with it in the back of his truck. It was found in Indiana where it had been laid down on one side. Anyway, good luck bro.
    New addition
    I guess you didn't read the rest of my post. As I am whole heartedly for hanging the fooker that stole his bike or anyones for that matter. However, even insurance companies don't cover theft claims where the damn key's left in the ignition...I mean come on you have to admit that in todays world...it's just not a wise thing to do as sad as that is. Personally, I'd like to see theifs get what they used to get in Europe when they were caught stealing. As me being Mr. Gadget lol damn right I am!!! lol. I was simply giving him an idea for riggin his garage as again as sad as it to say that is what this world has come too. People don't want to work for shit they want to steal others who have worked their ass off to get what they want. Even though I did rig my garage if someone wanted my bikes there is always a way...but I was going to what I could to make it harder on them.

I think you took my message wrong guys. This guy lives near my inlaws and I am suprised that the area around there has come to this. I'm sure the people who stole it weren't from around there. I have contacted my bro-in-law and sis-in-law who have a lot of friends in the police dept there in Nashville to keep their eyes out for this RC. Ya never know.

8. mango

mango Ewah Felicitys underpants

I also leave my key in my bike whilest in the garage.

but I got one of these.
    [​IMG]
    65 pounds of pissed off Pit-Bull/Chow mix.

I'm sorry to here about your bike. I hope you get it back unharmed,

and the asshats that stole it get what they deserve.:mad:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2004
  9. NinerPilot

The tag is very unique and what pisses me off most is that I cant get it again since it is Stolen. Tag is TN "FLYLOW". I have told all of the Nashville officers that I work with to look for it, and to spread the word as well. I tried to post a pic, but to no avail. Ill try again tonight. It has an Arai, HRC, Honda Woody, and "One Liter Duc Eater" stickers on the sides.
    Chris

10. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

If you don't get it back, here's hoping the punks that stole it lowside it down the highway doing 120 MPH, wearing shorts, t-shirt, flip flops, and no helmet!

Karma baby!

:D :D :D

11. NinerPilot

Ok, I cant get a pic to load. Do I need to have special permissions to do this? I tried 3 seperate pics all under the size limit to no avail... Any help on this?
    Thanks,
    Chris

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

pics have to be hosted on a separate server. E-mail them to me and I will put them up:

alex(at)ocdstudios.com

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

here is a pic. Hope you get your bike back...

[​IMG]

14. NinerPilot

Thanks Alex!
    Chris