1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RC 45

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by MV, Mar 31, 2007.

1. MV

MV Well-Known Member

2. XRacerX

XRacerX Well-Known Member

3. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

if only i had the money....

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have always, and still, want one.

That's all

5. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

6. stickboy274

The RC-30 is kewl, but I know at least three people who have them, two here in town. It seems thier not as rare as people think, but the 45 is sexy and I never see any of them around.

I want one worse than I wanted any of my prom dates.

Of course I can't afford one, unlike the dates I chose back then.

7. stickboy274

BTW, I don't think an RC-30 has ever sold for that much money, unless it was an actual HRC racebike. I think they go in the 12k range these days.

8. MV

MV Well-Known Member

Ebay is a good indicator of what people a looking for and what they are willing to pay. Both the RC45 and RC30 are both cool. As these bikes get older, I think they will only increase in price. I'm a small collector. I enjoy buying bikes that actually increase in price. Still get all the enjoyment of having the bike. The last bike I bought went up 100% in the last year. Better than playing the market.

I think bone stock FZR 400's will one day be worth some money. Also in 10 years...Bone stock Aprilia RS250's. I'm curious what bikes others think will be collectors in the future.

9. stickboy274

As a collector, do you think my V&H limited FZR 600 will ever be worth anything to anybody but me?

10. MV

MV Well-Known Member

No.. :)

11. stickboy274

Good, then I won't feel bad keeping it all for myself!!!!!!

12. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

gawd awful purple and baby crap yellow will never go out of style!

13. stickboy274

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Thanks for understanding.

14. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Word of warning:

The 30 and 45 had motors that were too tight for street use and habitually scored the rear cylinders.You need to have the motor cut 1 mil to "loosen it up" a bit for street use.Note the first VFR800s.Same motor as the 45 but cut 1 mil for street use.

The 45 had a stubborn chassis and was hard to ride in track form.The 30 was great all around.But,all that being said,I'll take either. :up:

I remember my first motorcycle race (as a spectator) watching DuHamel reel in Mladin at Daytona in 99.He said later that the 45 was spinning up all the way across Nascar 1 and 2.Talk about HP!! That's when I got my first glimpse of the difference between racebike and streetbike (sorry Skwid and Boz) :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  15. MV

MV Well-Known Member

it sold for $27,400

16. stickboy274

And that's why I don't have one.

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Yea that looks almost as good as one of those Muzzy Raptors.........I'd take one for free.

:beer:

18. stickboy274

We don't need no cRaptors 'round here.

19. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

the goods

I have a RC30 , RC45 and a 850 Raptor.

I have ridden the RC45 over 2k miles in the last year alone. This is one of the nicest bikes I have ever owned and I will not ever part with it. Plus its just plain bad ass looking. As for the RC30...Well again a great bike to ride (gets a little hot in the seat during the summer) and I don't think Japan has produced a better looking machine...ever. It sits in my office currently waiting for a sunny day. The Raptor is Chandler/Griggs Formula USA 850...A nasty son of bitch with a fuse for throttle response...just like it was intended to be. I guess it's all about the fight your going to and what gun you bring.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Thats a carbon tank on the raptor...some sick stuff on it...