1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rausch Creek Motor Sports Park

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark@RCMS, Feb 14, 2001.

1. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I agree, but what is the Merit? According to Mark, he wants the little fish there every weekend. Is the Merit 'attendance'? Reading Mark's post, you'd think it was. But we all know that the Merit is the fastest rider.

Mark Said:
    If we can have the same racers attend every Rausch Creek event in their region, on the chance of earning a decent paycheck at the end of the year, then we will have something for people to watch and identify with.

I gagged when I read this line of BS. Joe Average Racer isn't going home with much more except a set of used tires, and an empty fuel tank. And, the only thing the spectators are going to "identify" is how far back in the pack these charished riders are after the 18-wheelers get unloaded.(Don't worry, my mom won't be there to yell at anyone.) These identified riders, and their points, will simply be thrown out of said "window".(Yes, this is the sentence that torqued me the hardest.)

Mark makes it sound like Joe Average Racer is the draw, but don't we really mean very little...except to bolster the profits every weekend that the... ahem..."non-pro's" are off running a WNC, NRRS, or AMA weekend.

-=-=-=-

The saving grace is that the last CCS Rausch Creek Event(9/22) corresponds with the WERA Putnam AND WERA VIR events, and is ALSO one week prior to the AMA VIR event. So, you know the pro's will be at VIR getting "track time."

This conflict sucks for the WERA Sportsman Regional Stars, as they may have to be tied up by their Regional obligations. WNC & NRRS Superstars are free to roam, but they have the quandry of fresh cherries vs. real competition. $$$$ vs. a chance to size up against Gobert, Hayden, Hacking, etc.

Oh, I'm frothing with anticipation. Very interesting, very interesting indeed. What is one to think of a well-known, fast rider that skips a sizing-up opportunity to instead gather fresh fruit.

-=-=-=-=-

Yes JU, the 'merit' should be rewarded, and I only want and expect the fastest person to win. But I'd also like to see them show up more than once with us little fish. Is that too much to ask?

And Rick, this time I pick the song... http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~shane/text/danke.html.

2. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I don't know how any of the other "locals" feel about this, but I was going to run all CCS and WERA events at Rausch anyway. I'm still a little confused by the challenge thingie, but I seem to understand it won't require me to do anything different than showing to race those events I was planning to attend. Then at the end of the year, enter an extra race for a chance to get some cash. Which I will likely not get. But I won't be any worse off then if that challenge didn't exist at all. So from where I sit, it's all good.

3. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

Praise the lord,Ill be there!!Somebody offers some cash and people still find a way to complain that they wont be able to get some GREEN!Thats OK,We need more spectators anyway

4. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Just remember to tip the buck toothed kid playing banjo outside the track entrance. [​IMG]

5. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

OK, I may be new to this whole gig, but it seems pretty lame to be complaining about a guy/series that throws money at our sport and attempts to draw more people into it. I understand the point about a "fast guy" being able to show up for only one race, and then being eligible for the cash. The solution? Be the fastest guy on the track that day. It's starting to sound like some people want the equivalent of public assistance for local racers against the big, mean fast guys. "I have a dream....." [​IMG]

6. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

I think it's great that they want to give away cash.

I can't beleive I got some up-in-arms, but it just strange(to me) the way things are. I can't explain it, it just that I see things completely different than everyone else.

I really want the sport to improve, and it's not going to happen with the way I do it.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Steve I don't think you offended anyone.

8. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I'm not offended. Maybe I do O-fend, but that's a topic for another thread [​IMG]

9. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Yeah, man, everybody loves TSR. If there was no TSR on the BBS, how could I win $5 off Papa Thiam?

It's a difference of opinion. Nothing personal.

10. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Do I owe you money?

11. julrich

Yeah man, have you been behind on your post reading? You owe me the $5 on the bet that I couldn't get TSR to break his vows of silence. Remember? (wink, wink)

12. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Right, right. The check is in the mail.

13. Tracee Polcin

Hey JU, where is my 100 bucks at?

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Tracee - $100? Did you take side action on whether you'd return or not after your self imposed exile? That's like a coach betting against his own team! [​IMG]

15. Tracee Polcin

Ju hooked me up with some sponsorship, I think. [​IMG]

16. julrich

I'll get right on it.

17. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I see a pattern developing.