1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racing school info needed for near Michigan

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by brokenwing, Jan 10, 2011.

1. brokenwing

brokenwing Well-Known Member

Not that I am near racing speed but I am getting more serious about trackdays and would like to research on attending a racing school. I was thinking that depending on pricing I maybe able to do this late this year or next spring. Are there any schools nearby that you guys would recommend?

Oh and more important are there any that I should stay away from???

Thanks
    Rich

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

WERA has their Riders School at Grattan 5/14...and Gingerman 5/28....both in Michigan. It's only $100 (I think) and you can race the following day.

3. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

like razr mentioned, you can get your license at grattan or gingerman during one of the WERA race week ends. you will love the experience and there will be plenty of people around to help you out.

also, team chicago has a school at grattan on the first saturday of april each year. if you pre register it's $25 i think. good school. there is a very inexpensive track day the following day (sunday) but the weather can be iffy...
    www.teamchicago.tv

4. brokenwing

brokenwing Well-Known Member

KMC
    Thanks for the PM. I was looking at Team Chicago so we will see what happens.

5. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

tires????

with the weather probably cold, would performance street tires be a bette choice than race tires? I am going to sign up but it is a haul from Pittsburgh. I love Grattan though.

6. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about your tires too much. They keep the pace pretty slow, but to anwser your question, I'd say street tires. It's too cold to get performance out of either tire.