1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racetech BPF Kit.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mtmansl, Aug 4, 2013.

1. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Racetech's BPF valving kit? Probably going to go with a full cartridge kit, but wondered if this was a viable option...

2. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Thermosman revalved my BPF's (11 750) and I'm very happy with the results...

3. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Yes I have used them in two different bikes 2009 zx6r and 2011 gsxr750. They work very well. They are not quite as good as a full cartridge kit but setup properly with correct springs you should have no problem. I ran top 5 and won races with them in the expert 600 and 750 classes.

4. mtmansl

This is good to hear. The bike is a 2011 750, and was looking for a more affordable option...

5. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

Or just re-valve what you have.

6. mtmansl

What is your assessment of the BPF re-valved Ed, and what would a re-valve and re-spring run roughly?

7. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

The piston just holds the valve stack, I don’t care what kind of piston it is. Oil flows through a piston and is controlled by the shim stack. I can build any damping curve I want on any piston.

$450 to rebuild & re-valve. $110 for springs.