1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 ttx36 shock height

Discussion in 'Tech' started by c7fx, Sep 21, 2009.

1. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

I have an 06 R6 with the ttx36 shock. I seem to be dragging body panels now at Mid-Ohio. My rear sag is 24 front is 35. I'm not sure of the shock height since it was set up by someone and I cannot find the original tech sheet. Forks are level with the triple clamp.
    Anyways I had a few people tell me to raise the rear but I want to know what the eye to eye distance should be. Also any secret to the adjustment. Looks like the adjusting bolt is recessed into the bottom spring plate. Not easy to get a wrench on, or is this the type that the shock needs to come out?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Much easier with the shock out. It's a fun job. :)

Rather than look for a magic length number, if you are dragging bodywork, lengthen the shock 2 mm or shim the clevis and try it. Just my suggestion.

3. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Would be much easier on this bike to shim the stock clevis under neath the tank, than to try and adjust the clevis on the bottom of the shock. Your doing the same thing either way.

However, you might want to try adding a little compression front and rear to help keep the bike from squatting as much, before you change the geometry. The faster you go the stiffer you need to make damping.