r6 suspension help

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pnther15, Oct 20, 2003.

1. pnther15

pnther15 Well-Known Member

I just bought an r6, but the suspension is too heavy for me. I'm about 185lbs. w/ gear. The forks have .95 springs and the valving is old. I talked w/ a race tech guy who said he would redo the valving for my weight, but said that we should go back to the stock springs instead of the .95's....what do you guys think? Also he's charging me $100 to do this, w/ forks off the bike....thanks!!!

Dave

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

If he is tearing it down and cleaning the goo out 100 bucks is fair. just to pop the caps and slam some springs well that is a little steep. .95 with very little pre load maybe be ok. What is your sag with you in gear and bike with fuel in it?

3. pnther15

I could only get about 5 cm. with me on the bike....zero w/out me. The guy I bought it from said it was sprung light, but the valves were for someone heavy. The $100 is for him to take it apart and revalve it.
    What is the stock spring rate? Race tech's website says I need a .925 or .9 Thanks again!
    Dave

4. pnther15

not a good day so far.....I took my forks to that guy to do the work, he calls me when I get home. "I thought you said there's race tech valves in here? I only see race tech springs and stickers on the sides." Not happy.....I've got a call into the guy...

Dave