R6 Injector Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by A.R.K., Mar 22, 2018.

1. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Are the 06/07 and 08+ throttle body injectors the same? I have a few sets and one is from a 07. To order new ones they are the same part number but the stamped numbers on the injectors are different if they mean anything...

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

@MELK-MAN owns a company that cleans injectors and can tell you for sure?

I don't know, but I do know that 06-07 don't have the variable velocity stacks and have worse mid-range, because of that.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

They are different - and the secondary rails are different too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

all the lowers are the same.
    DO NOT mix up 06-07 UPPER injectors, with 08-16 UPPER injectors. your bike will lose HP.. the airbox lid (where the uppers reside) is further from the throttle bodies on teh 08-16 due to the variable v-stacks, and when flowing them on the ASNU injector machine, it's clear the 08-16 has a narrower spray pattern (because they are further away.

There is no difference in the appearance of any of the uppers. So it's easy to get em mixed up. Having the injector service machine, and owning multiple r6's over the years, i have a few sets, of various years. in matching some sets, i mistakenly put a couple 06-07's on my 08 supersport bike. It felt down on power the next race.. since i didn't change anything BUT the injectors, i re-flowed them when i got back. When the set of 4 uppers were on the injector machine, i noticed the difference in the spray pattern. It makes sense the further away they are, the narrower the spray pattern needs to be.. again. all the lowers are the same, and are located in exactly the same position on 06-16 throttle bodies.