1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 best Brake fluid type

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ibidu1, Jan 20, 2024.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The grease is causing more problems than it is solving in real world use.

2. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

I actually figured out the issue, previously when I replaced the brake fluid I forgot to bleed off the master cylinder screw. When I replaced the fluid with motul 660, I realized there was a screw on the master. Once I purged the calipers, then purged the master cylinder a puff of air shot out. Did a trackday with the fresh fluid, and brakes were super amazing. Then I got a bit too comfortable and started to push and tucked the front tire in a fast section. All is well! Im thankful braking is solved

gapman789 likes this.
  3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

To be clear, I wasn't saying the grease was the cause of the issue you're experiencing, but grease on the exposed part of the caliper piston will only attract brake dust, sand and other detritus. The best thing for that piston is to be clean and dry.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

You are kinda hard to pass. Seriously. :beer:

dobr24 likes this.
  5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Good to hear....I didn't see this mentioned, and maybe you did, but deglaze your rotors every now and again and definitely when switching to different pads.

6. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

Every time I replace my pads, I lightly scuff up the rotors with sand paper
    I agree, grease is bad! But the amount I use is very minimal. I smear it on with my fingers to leave a thin film. Same with the sides, back side of the pads and the sliding pin. Helps keep noise, chatter

I always clean the inside of the calipers before every race or track day

gapman789 likes this.