1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 and the Hole Shot.... (1999) can it be done.

Discussion in 'General' started by Lee, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I took the Hole Shot out of my F2 and I'm going to use it on my R6 1999. Has anyone tried to make this think work ? I talked to Dale Walker, and he put me in touch with a Shop in FL. (I hate dealers) Anyway, They faxed me this long spec with Diods, and stuff, I'm not an electrical engineer... So if anyone has done please e-mail me.. If your on the East Coast near Phila, I'll buy you a cheeseburger (no Beacon) if you can install it for me... (Or just help me install it)

-Lee

2. Jep46

Jep46 Active Member

This has gone untouched far to long, I've got one question, What in the hell are you talking about?
    Is this like the motocrossers coming in to my store wanting to buy a "powerband"?
    Dear God, please tell me you've got a logical explaination for this that I'm not familiar with.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm guessing he's talking aobut a powershifter since Holeshot is the name of Dale Walkers company not any specific product. The make electric shifters and I think maybe pipes.

Either way - the answer is easy - sell the one for the F2 to someone with an F2 and buy one for the R6. Unless you plan on running Superstock in which case don't put one on as they're illegal.

4. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

But you sell'em one anyway right? [​IMG]

He means a powershifter, a little switch you put on the shift lever that cuts ignition for a split second to unload the trany so the it sifts almost instantaniously.

5. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Well, have you got a powerband for sale or what?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a few that I can let you have - what bike are you running?

7. Jep46

Jep46 Active Member

We sell Techtronics Quickshift ,will look into "Holeshot" brand. Never used one, but I've executed a few.
    Wera74, Mongo & JamesG, these kind of Q&A are from the people I miss at Wera, glad to know veterens still here.
    Lee, will find out what I can, let you know soon. Don't hate dealers, you've just gone to the wrong ones. [​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no experience - you take that back!

[​IMG]

We've missed your trash talking butt too...I think...

BTW - the boss nuked the Black LC4 - sorry I never called back that day, got stuck in a cellular hole with no signal for a while.

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Do you have a green powerband? I heard the blue ones were ok but nothing like the green one though. [​IMG]

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i got my powerband off of the sunday paper. it looked pretty strong

[This message has been edited by stickboy274 (edited 01-02-2001).]

11. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, but who did you shoot with it?

12. Tracee Polcin

When was the last time they used rubberbands? I haven't seen a ruuberband on a newspaper in years.

13. wera122

wera122 Guest

If I was a paperboy, I'd use zipties. And tie them REAL tight! [​IMG]

14. Tracee Polcin

I would use saftey wire. HA ha ha ha ha!!!! Man I kill myself. [​IMG]

15. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

http://www.holeshot.com/

I'm sorry I thought I was clear about it...

What the problem is that the F2 has 2 coils and the R6 has 4 coils.. You have to fake the unit out to get it to work..

What a Electric Shifter 2 does is Kills the ignition for .25 of a second between shifts. The reasult is that you can Up shift with up using the clutch.. Avantages, no load and unload of supension, Upshift while leand over, lose lap time with perfect shifts.

-Lee

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

If I was you, I'd take Mongo's advice and save yourself a lot of time and hassle (not to mention give us a break from your rambling [​IMG] ) and just buy a new one for the R6. I'm sure the time you save could be spent working on other parts of your bike. [​IMG]

17. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

What you gentlemen are failing to realize is that Lee is the consumate cheap ass. But it's been unfairly thrust upon him by his recent decision to get married. I too have been trying to tell the woman that for the cost of centerpieces at the reception I could keep myself in tires for a long time. She's not buying it.

18. wera122

wera122 Guest

Then he should get along real well with Tracee. [​IMG]

19. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Your time will come Dutch Your time will come... Sooner than you think.

As for the piece of crap that I'm trying to get to work. Yes I would love to buy a different manufacture, but have you seen the prices for Table center pieces, not to mention, Limos, place cards, inventations, and a HALL !!!

Also, I'm not rambling.. I don't ramblable, I just type really really fast (like I ride) and have a lot to say.. Besides the fact I want to help the next fool out that has the same problem..

Ok I'm done, my CPU is out of ink...

-Lee