1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R1 ?

Discussion in 'General' started by RonR, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Yep - the Graves R1 had multiple braces welded onto the frame to help prevent that.

2. My bad :D

Potts N Pans likes this.
  3. In all honesty, if the OP is looking to get an R1 without spending a lot of money, I would look for a 2006 R1 in good condition. Those were very good bikes. I had one for years. They handled very well. I had Marchesini Magnesium wheels and a 100% Carbon Fiber gas tank on mine, and by the time Thermosman was done with it, it changed directions as quick as my R6 does.

I would get one of those before I got a 2014 model.

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

That's because he was running Carrillo rods ! :D Somebody had to say it :Poke:

throwdown likes this.
  5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

This guy is fast, but wears Lady Gaga tee shirts.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Street bike? Horrible. Everybody I know who has (had) one cries about the HEAT. Apparently it's awful even with and exhaust change. Not just discomfort but downright painful.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If he wants a cheap R1, then he should buy that S model or whatever the new Base - Base version is called. It'll have the look and the sound, and down the road he can upgrade the suspension. I don't think it will have any sort of electronics on it though.

8. Ah yeah, I forgot about that cheaper/base version.

If he just wants a cool bike for the street, that is the best route to take for sure.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do I even need to say it? :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. :moon:

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Same electronics. Less HP. More weight. Still a brilliant bike.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Track only bike. I'm gun wealthy and bike poor. Time to move around some assets and get a 15 or newer. Thanks

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Use one of those guns to rob somebody! :D

throwdown and noles19 like this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

15. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah , I've lost some bodily fluids over that one.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Hey, I had to give it the benefit of the doubt on SOMETHING! I am a Yamaha fan, afterall.

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My man. I was just going to ask what people thought of the previous, last of the non crossplane R1's. Always thought they were gorgeous bikes at least.

19. I really, really loved mine. I put thousands of track and street miles on it, and even raced it for a lil while. Obviously the HP is down compared to modern ones and they didn't have any electronics, but when setup right they changed directions really fast and handled great.

I still see the 04-06 R1s at track days often.

20. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

I had an 06 and wish I still had it. I absolutely loved that bike, it was a pure workhorse and never gave me any trouble. unfortunately for me my ambition severely outweighed my talent one day and that was the end of that bike. If I could find another one race ready I'd be all over it. Unfortunately most are either mostly stock and over priced or just plain over priced.