1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Shift for 1st Gen R6...?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by MadManx, Aug 5, 2010.

1. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

My Googling fails to find anything regarding a quick shift kit for a 1st gen R6 (1999). I was hoping maybe somebody here can point me to something. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Check mpsracing.com

You'll basically need a stand alone quickshifter kit. I believe Dynojet even makes one.

3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Tony- Ask Tim Weig about his Cordona shifter. I can't remember off the top of my head where he got it, but they are decent units and completely stand-alone.

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I've installed the MPS quickshifter boxes on carbureted motorcycles using a switch from Rising Sun Cycles as the trigger. So far, every box and switch has provided years of service with no issues.

5. racer034life

racer034life Well-Known Member

This a very good question. What set-up would you use on a 01 R1 with mods

6. YZFBeliever

YZFBeliever Well-Known Member

When I had my 1st gen R6 I installed a Cordona QS

Very easy install, maybe took 2 hours start to finish. I had an issue with the control box, but sent it back, got a new one and never had another issue. Just a glitch I guess.

http://www.cordona.net/shop.htm

7. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

8. racedk6

racedk6 Midnight Moto Grubby

I would use the cordona PQ8 setup.

It is one of the best stand alone quick shifters on the market. If you need one send me a PM I am one of the few retailers for that shifter in the states.