Question for Mongo

Discussion in 'General' started by Wingnut, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Just cleaning out a toolbox of mine and found an old race credit. I don't see an expiration date on here so is it still good?

22 years isn't that long ago......

Attached Files:

Shenanigans, j cal and Phl218 like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Betting they would honor it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, still good.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

THAT is f'ing awesome!

Boman Forklift and TLR67 like this.
  5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I loves me some WERA!! :clap::clap::clap:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

PROPER! :up:

StaccatoFan likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Shit backfired on ya huh?? Better grid up after the apocalypse beotch!

8. Wingnut

I'm getting my body and my bikes prepped already.

Dropped 10lbs recently doing a decent amount of MTbiking.

Goal of Vegas rounds with Wera.

Attached Files:

ChemGuy likes this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:clap:

:beer:

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Cool @Wingnut if you come run Fontana, I will be your wingman.......or pit bitch......however you want to look at it. :crackup:

11. Wingnut

I haven't raced since 2008, haven't been on a track since 2010 but the desire hasn't slipped one bit. The last 10 years I've just been focused on work and the foster/adoption thing. I've had plenty of other hobbies and pursuits but nothing comes close to roadracing. My close friends don't understand it, wife doesn't understand it. Although I had raced for so many years I was never a fast expert but at least I wasn't a crasher and I rode very predictable lines. At 45 my priorities have obviously changed but I just wanna race again. I have no illusions that I'll be competitive but still I want to get on a grid and drop the clutch on the green flag. There is nothing in the world like that feeling....

j cal likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I totally get it. I raced a bike from 90-92ish. Unfortunately I did crash a few times. I was a young dumb kid and usually I won or crashed trying. I didn't know anything about setup, I just rode the bike and wallowed all over. LOL

Then I raced RC cars and go karts two different times. Then my son started racing and I jumped on his mini for a race weekend back in 2008. I had a great weekend until a slow rider turned right in front of me taking my line and I chose to crash myself out versus hit him. He was pitted by us, and I knew it was his first weekend, and I didn't want to hit him and get him spooked enough to quit racing. I was run over by the guy right behind me and I broke my collarbone, 3 ribs, punctured a lung, and was in the hospital for 3 days......all on a NSR50.....LOL.

Anyway that was my last race. I dream of getting out there again and may do it someday, who knows? But until then, I still love going to the track and would be happy to help out another younger "old guy".

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:bow:

($47.00 in today’s dollars) :Poke::D