1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for computer guys

Discussion in 'General' started by vito2279, Jul 14, 2012.

1. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

When I log in to watch Motogp.com, I can never view the content without it constantly stopping and pausing. It NEVER plays smoothly. It will play for a little while and then pause for about 3-5 secs and so on. I can log in on my smart phone and the feed will play smoothly without ANY stopping!! WTF!!!! Is there a setting or something on my computer that keeps making my feed pause? Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting to the point where I dont even want to watch it anymore since it keeps pausing.......... For the record, I'm just trying to watch it with STANDARD quality. Anything higher than that will make it pause for a LONGER time......:mad:

2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Seems like an issue with the video buffer. It should down load faster that it plays, which means there is a buffer so the video plays smoothly.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Possible causes:

Internet connection speed (sub-causes - router, modem, network card, provider overloaded with subscribers)
    Computer motherboard (memory, video subsystem, network drivers)
    too many other things running in the background (system tray, other applications, viruses, crappy anti-virus software that hogs the processor, etc.)

A decent Internet speed (greater than 10Mb/s) and modern dual-core machine with decent ( greater than 2GB) RAM and decent video card should not do what you describe unless you are running a ton of other crap at the same time

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Go here to check your connection speed to your ISP. Check it at the time of day you would be watching the MotoGP Streams

You should be able to get a good stream even as low as 5Mbps.

The other stuff mentioned by beac83 is important as well. Close all running applications. If you are on a windows machine, Use the 3 finger salute (Ctrl/Alt/Del) to bring up the Task Manager, click on the Applications tab to see what's running, close anything you don't need.

If those are all in order then your issues run a bit deeper. Could be the RAM, could be the vid controller, especially if it's onboard rather than a stand alone card, could be malware.

FYI: the reason the stream runs well on your phone is because it's optimized for mobile when connecting with those devices.

5. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

sounds too simple, but I had the same issue on netflix. I realized I had changed my "power options" to power saver or something. I changed it back to balanced and the lag went away. Even plugged in, on power saver it really diminishes performance.