1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about FL weather

Discussion in 'General' started by Lazarus, May 19, 2010.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

We are heading down to Disney Friday night and my wife is obessesing over the weather report. Weather.com has scattered t-storms everyday but I know FL weather is iffy, like it will rain for like 5 mins and then be sunny so whats the deal? Its not like I have a choice to change the date so I guess it doesnt matter really.

2. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

I will rain between 4-5 for just long enough to make it (more) humid. It happens most every day from May - Oct. It will be hot too....

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

This time of year, statistically, the weather report HAS to say a 20% chance of rain, blah, blah, blah.

Starting just about this time of year in Central Florida, you can count on this:

The morning will be beautiful. Around mid afternoon the Gulf seabreeze will collide with the Atlantic seabreeze in the interior portions of the state. The result is a bit of rain... not for long (it may not rain, it'll just get cloudy... until July, then it'll rain for sure.) But if it rains, the sun will come right back out afterwards and it'll be hot and humid as your sack after being in non-perforated leathers at Jennings all day in August.

The weather's fine... come on down. :cool:

Edit- the weather is not really "iffy." In the summer, the pattern is as predictable as the tides or the fact that the sun will rise in the east.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. Mlaud1000RR

Mlaud1000RR HONDA

Well said! :up:

5. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Ok. Sounds good. Staying at the Nick Hotel Wednesday so I hope it atleast doesn't ruin that day.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Well-Known Member

With the crown royal prices and milfs to look at while staying at that hotel, nothing but forgetting dark sunglases or showing your wife this post can ruin your day.

7. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Most interesting.

[​IMG]

8. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, pretty much nailed it, except today the afternoon has stayed cloudy.:D Stayed at the nick hotel once...what a rip, won't be back.
    Cheers, Lee S.

9. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

What was wrong?

10. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Just very pricy for what you get. The kids areas were utter chaos and LOUD.
    We just didn't enjoy it.
    Cheers, Lee S.

11. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

You should worry more about the heat. It's already in the 90s and humid. Bring the sunscreen or burn. Welcome the clouds. They bring what little shade you can find outdoors anymore, and cooler temps. Drink lots of fluids.
    Start your days early before it gets too hot. You can lay around the pool later when it's africa hot in the afternoons.

Mark

12. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Yea I saw the highs were like 87. My wife went down a week or two ago for business and said it was gorilla hot down there.

13. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

They sucker you with that 87 on the weather channel. That's only at the beach where it's cooler with the sea breeze. Inland it's in the 90s, no sea breeze.

here's the local weather, what you can really expect.

http://cfnews13.com/Weather/Default.aspx

Mark

14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup, always cooler along the coasts from the sea breeze. Double good info on hydrating and sunscreen. You can get a wicked sunburn in about 1 hour or less of direct sunlight. PUt it on before you even head out in the morning, expecially on the kiddies. You would be surprized how much cooler an unbrella will cool you while walking around (shade) or a big hat.

15. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

just got back from FL a week ago. 90 & sunny every day, even though they said chance of storms every day we were there. not a drop of rain.

16. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

All we need the meteorologist here for is to warn us of a hurricane. Besides that we know the chances of snow, and we know the chances of rain.

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

So, uh, Greg... can we expect to see you walking around Tampa with a parasol?

NTTAWWT :D

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

:crackup: ahhhhhh-no. But i have at the race track sometimes. Dead of summer and if im not under the canopy or on track the umbrella is a very handy thing to have.
    Brings up an off topic but slightly related point.. dark ez-up canopies provide more shade and feel COOLER for those underneath than white or bright colored canopies. strange but true.

19. Modifyd4

Modifyd4 Well-Known Member

Today I got out my snow brush and brushed all the sunshine off my bike before I wrote it to work. It was a very time consuming job. I love FL :D So glad I left the cold north.

20. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

We have some SPF 70 for the skin. My hat has a nice size wide brim hat shes bringing. I dont know about the kiddies though. I'm also bringing my Camelbak.