1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about AMA rules

Discussion in 'General' started by motoford, Sep 6, 2010.

1. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

Rider causes a red flag during race, restarts at end of field. Rider causes a red flag that ends race, maintains position.

Is the latter a real rule, or a gray area open to a judgement call by race control?

2. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I thought that got fixed in the final results?

(i.e., the TV guys had it wrong)

3. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

If it did then question answered. I'm watching this all on Tivo and results after race showed field reverted to previous lap. Sorry if I they later corrected and I jumped the gun. I thought those were the official results. Russell was commenting on them as well.

4. John29

In my opinion, the chances that Speed has it right is 50-50 at best (maybe 30-70), from team names shown with rider names to results to interpretations of the rules to everything else. Greg White and Scott Russell have been the most accurate in my opinion, because they wander around and talk to riders and crew members and do some research. Their associates--fellow commentator Ralph Sheheen and the various producers--not so much.

5. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

You mean Hopkins isnt on a Yamaha? :D

6. John29

Good example!