1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Punxsutawney Phil is a fraud

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jimraynor21, Mar 22, 2013.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Therefore the groundhog needs to die!

Since I'm not sure how famous Phil is across the US, I will give a little background. Every year in PA this groundhog comes out of his hole to "predict the end of winter". If he sees his shadow its supposed to last 6 more weeks or so, if he doesnt it means spring is on its way. Apparently he didnt see his shadow this year.

Prosecuter seeks the death penalty for Punxsutawney Phil.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/03/cold-prosecutor-indicts-punxsutawney-phil-for-fraud/

Is this real life??

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Wouldn't say he deserves 'death', but a swift kick may be due. Right after we deliver swift kicks to the people who use a large rodent to predict future weather.

3. cooker1

cooker1 Well-Known Member

Groundhogs only live an avg. of about 3 years he will get his soon enough !!!!

4. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

I like the movie. Fu*k the groundhog though!! It's 30 degrees here after being 75 last week.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Didn't Bill Murray say in the movie that the old tradition was to cook and eat Phil after the ceremony?

"Well, it used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to *eat* it. You're hypocrites, all of you!"

6. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

There is actually a committee that decides beforehand whether Phil will see his shadow. Blame them.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You mean its a sham?
    I'm so disillusioned now.

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist