Project LW Entry for TT Isle of Man

Discussion in 'General' started by Olympus Racing, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Did you have to pay customs all that extra they wanted or did you get that sorted out ?

2. Olympus Racing

Olympus Racing Well-Known Member

More studying, more learning, more training.
    Discussing strategy, ideas, get a better understanding of this "animal" of course.
    Gino is simply brilliant and exploring the on-boards and my notes with him helps a ton, even though he hasn't been there he can understand so much from the sounds of the bike and the lines.
    Less than two weeks to get there...
    [​IMG]

3. Olympus Racing

Was able to come to an agreement with a deposit (about 2/3 of what they asked) which will be 100% refund when the bikes get re-exported.
    Only thing that fucks me is if the bikes get destroyed or stolen, then they don't care about refunding me.

4. Olympus Racing

i get very happy opening mail lately :D
    TT mountain course license arrived today!!!
    15 days til first practice, 10 days until departure!
    [​IMG]

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah!

Olympus Racing likes this.
  6. Olympus Racing

TSA decided to change THEIR rules in a few seconds because an idiot agent dropped my batter on the metal table and it sparked up. Apparently the Sparks scared her enough to call her even stupider supervisor who decided my battery was a hazard. Pulled out my phone showed him the emails and the page on TSA code that says I can take a spillable battery on the plane with me. He decided to be a jerk and say no even after I proved him wrong. Went back to my airline and my bags had already been on the plane so I couldn't add the battery with my checked luggage. Long story short battery for B bike which is a regular battery is staying in the USA.
    Upon return they made me go through security again and didn't let me cut the line. Played patient and politely just to get through, walked by the TSA supervisor just to say that I hope he gets fired because he doesn't know how to perform his job and made it to my plane with 5 minutes before the gate closes.
    Good news the ballistic batteries (the only battery that fits the A bike) made it through no problem. Thanks Brett Babaian for the box, it saved the day.
    Next stop: Dublin Ireland.

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Heck, I wouldn't want someone bringing a wet, lead acid, spill-able, battery on my multi-million $ plane either. Holes in the carpet, here I come.

8. Olympus Racing

Packed in original packaging with cusions and other layers of protection...

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Minor inconvenience. I have to admit, I wouldn't have tried to bring a battery on an international flight regardless of what the TSA site says.

When you arrive, look up Jason Griffith's motorcycles. They're a multi line dealer with a decent parts department, and in my experience, a bunch of really nice guys. They'll get you sorted out.

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you had not filled it with acid, and it was all still sealed, then you probably would have been fine. I deal with lead acid batteries everyday in the forklift industry, and there is no way I would want a vented, filled, lead acid battery on my plane. A gel cell or a Shoria lithium style would be fine.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Olympus Racing

So McGuinness just pitted next to me (and no I didn't pit next to him, I was there first. Lol)
    That's all. Lol
    Very humble, very normal person.
    If you didn't know him you d think he's a newcomer or that he doesn't even race. Hilarious.

12. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

So you're surrounded by press too??? Asking you all kinds of questions you've answered hundreds of times???

That's pretty cool

13. caferace

caferace No.

You got the upper pits????

Pimp.

-jim

14. Olympus Racing

I'm not sure if it's the upper. We are pitted centered as far as possible from the grandstands on the grass area.

15. caferace

caferace No.

Orient me (take from top of timing tower)

5844379567_d82aa09619_b.jpg

-jim

16. Olympus Racing

Top right of the photo see that brick building. There's something like a blue tent behind it? Right there really

caferace likes this.
  17. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Pretty cool man. Best of luck!

18. caferace

caferace No.

Lower, lower paddock. ;) That's a long uphill push to scrutineering.

-jim

19. Olympus Racing

Iv been pushing bikes non stop for days lol.
    But i didn't think of that until you mentioned it

20. Olympus Racing

All signed up! Long and stressful day #3 but we are on a great path!

[​IMG]