1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with SD card/Contour camera

Discussion in 'General' started by RazzelldazelS, Oct 6, 2015.

1. RazzelldazelS

RazzelldazelS Well-Known Member

Hi, I am in hopes someone here could help with a problem I cant solve on my own.
    I have an SD card that is causing me grief that I used in my Contour Roam camera this weekend.
    When I went inserted it into my card reader it will let me preview the movie files but I cant get it to load to my editing software.
    The software is Contour Storyteller and I've also tried the Play Memories program that came with my PC.
    The file extensions for the stuff on the card is is_bak.MOV
    I'm not the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'm pretty sure it's something easy for people that do this stuff often.

It has a lot of footage from a 1 1/2 hour long hare scrambles type race I did and I want to see it dammit!

anyway if someone can help me out that would be awesome.

thanks!

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

you're importing it to storyteller correct?
    and did you try to update storyteller?

3. RazzelldazelS

RazzelldazelS Well-Known Member

Yes, trying to import into the most current version of Storyteller. I checked the website and confirmed. When I was messing with the raw data from the card it had .mov extension now ithas the .bac extensions only. What does that mean?

4. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

.BAC is a back up file extension.
    I have two contour Roams and two Contour HD.

Did you down load to your computer first?
    I always work from the computers hard drive and open in the video editor.

are the .MOV files still on the SD card?

5. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I've never seen any backup extensions on my Countours. If the file sizes are what they should be, change them back to .mov and copy them to the computer.