1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Entry Deadline

Discussion in 'General' started by ZebProctor, May 13, 2002.

1. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

How far in advance do you have to register to be eligible for pre-entry?

2. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Long enough out so that they can process your entry before packing up to head out to the track.
    The offical cutoff rules might be different. But assume 2 weeks out by Fax/CC, 4 weeks by s-mail/check to be safe (and get a good grid position ;) ).

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

10 business days before the event. Deadline is midnight on Monday.

4. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Mine is already in:D

5. ZebProctor

OK, since you have to pre-register 10 days in advance, can you pre-register without a comp. # yet? I was planning on doing the license stuff at the track...... odd question i know...

6. WERA29

You don't have a license yet?

If you don't even have your WERA license yet I seriously doubt you can pre-register for a race. You're not even on their computer system yet so they wouldn't have any information on you to pre-register you with.

If you're going to take care of all that at the track, my advice to you would be to prepare to wait in post entry line. :(

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Also, if you are a PN (Provisional Novice), you will be gridded at the back anyway.

8. WERA29

Hi Paige! You are allowed to make sense on this thread, so feel free to keep posting. ;)

That's an excellent point. I didn't even think aboot that. I was just blown away by the fact that he asked about pre-registration and then tells us he doesn't even have his license. :rolleyes: :D

9. ZebProctor

Geez, proceed with the newbie bashing, I don't care about being gridded near the back, I DO however care about saving 50 bucks... I mean it's much easier to win from the back of the third row than it is to earn 50 bucks nowadays

10. WERA29

And you're surprised why?

Well, the BBS and newbie bashing do go hand in hand. ;)

The thing to do is take care of the license stuff in the mail/fax before the pre-entry deadline. Too late now. (If you're talking aboot Cycle Jam)

I can appreciate the saving money part as I always pre-enter. Once you get your license at the track you won't have this problem any more. Chalk it up to experience, suck it up and make that $50 back in contingency when you kick some ass in your races. :cool:

See you at VIR! (I'll be the guy pointing at you and laughing when I walk up to the pre-registration window and grab my paperwork while you're 80th in line at the post-entry window :D )

11. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

That's me, that's me . Come on over back there and keep me company:D :D

12. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

newbie bashing is not as popular as bashing the racer formerly known as Tardholio
    *** YOU SUCK :D

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I sent in my liscence application and a preregistration at the same time and had no problems.

14. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

hey paige? how adament are they about gridding in the back. cause I was a PN untill CMP this year and they gridded me on the front row. Green shirt and all.. just curious if that was policy or I just got lucky.
    I blew the hell out of my start so it really didnt mattter anyway!
    Russell
    WERA #163

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sometimes we slip. Usually it's really only your first weekend until you get some points, then it's absed on the points.

16. ZebProctor

WOO HOO, I can pre-enter now........ :D ... god it doesn't take much to make me happy

17. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Say What?

Hey Sean! I'm confused...

How can The Racer Formerly Known As Tardholio be both a contracted endurance rider and an Official WERA Spokesman? The only person I know the only person I know who could claim to be both is Kurt. Believe me, TRFKAT has a LONG way to go to even be worthy to wash Kurt's socks.

I thought The Boss Lady was smart enough to ban *** from being an official anything!

18. Shane417

Shane417 I Need A Job!!!!

Mongo,
    What is "absed" (based??) on points? Grid position? I thought it was order of entry? Been away for a while....sorry!!

19. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

sprints are based on points first, then order of entry if you have no points
    solo 20s are based on order of entry
    I haven't a clue about endurance, so read the book :D