1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers Needed for Joe Pomeroy

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Jun 2, 2013.

1. BikerRoni

BikerRoni Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to a great guy.

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

well i finally got my bike done after 4 straight nights of work and I am late to this thread. I heard it was a broken femur and did not realize the complexity of his injuries. I am very sorry to hear about it and hope to hear some more positives from charles. I was thinking that except for hinshaws bike, I have never seen joe actually crash.... ever. Nothing beats a positive attitude and hope in these situations SO Joe- be strong man and work hard to get back to 100 percent.

3. 02GSXR

02GSXR Well-Known Member

My prayers go out to Mr. Joe and his family. I hope I am not out of place but I know the hospital bills will be piling on quickly and was just wanting to know if there is maybe a fund we can donate to or one that maybe can be set up if there isn't one already available? If so please let me know so I can send a few dollars to the cause or an address to send a check? Hope he heals quickly........Joseph

4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

We all understand the discretion being taken. We all respect their wishes. We are also still praying for restoration.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

hoping for the best outcome and positive vibes being sent. heal soon and feel better.

6. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

Sorry to hear .... get better Joe!

7. TZ802

TZ802 New Member

Praying for you Joe. Get well soon!!!

Tash Zarvalas
    Wera #802

8. charles

charles The Transporter

UPDATE...

I went to see Joe earlier than planned due to heavy rain expected tonight from 'Tropical Storm Andrea', and found him awake, lucid, reflective, funny, pissed off, in pain, and prepared to move on to the very next step...which will be surgery (scheduled for around 2PM today) on his right leg to repair the break.

I asked Joe what he wanted me to tell you, since you are asking about him, and he told me to tell you his ass was sore from lying in bed for five days! :D I think that's pretty good, because at my age, I get a sore ass from lying in bed overnight!

There's no easy way around this, I wish there was...Joe suffered major injuries and will be spending quite some time in rehab, after he leaves the hospital here in Savannah, working on his mobility- he can't walk right now- and learning new ways to do things that will keep him healthy and strong in his new life. So while our best wishes would have him out with us again, that won't be happening anytime soon.

Just so you know, Joe is totally aware of his personal condition, accepts it, and is absolutely dedicated to the rehab efforts he knows will be coming very soon. For those of you who know him, as I do, he is a fighter, so you can expect he'll be giving it 110 per cent just as he did racing... in the near future, he'll most likely be able to have visitors, but not until the rehab center in Atlanta gets Joe's program up and running.

There's no need to speculate any more. Everyone is now on the same page. What comes next- physically, emotionally, and spiritually- will take everything and then some from Joe, so just chime in and let him know you're in his corner.

I'll be back next week to let you know how things are progressing.

Regards as always,

Charles

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let him know if he and or the wife need a place to stay in Georgia while he's rehabbing that our home is open. We are north of Atlanta by about 40 minutes.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Thats great Chas.....when he gets down here, me and the boys will go visit.....I'll tell Bowie and they can race their walkers!!!:up:

11. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

thanks charles

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Thanks Charles. It's going to be a hard road but Joe is a fighter, I know he will do all he can do. A lot of healing and rehab ahead, I hate to bore with details but this is important. The sore ass is not a joke.
    During this fight at his current hospital, the rehab facility and at home, its very important that he have the best of bed care and pressure-redistributive mattresses. Pressure ulcers, also known as decubitus are a real problem and its imperative that they know this going in, the best treatment for decubitus is prevention.

I'll being pulling for you Joe, positive waves coming your way.

Bob

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Stay strong Joe! All of us here in the Upstate are praying for you.

Thanks again, Charles.

14. promod

promod Well-Known Member

j.p.

charles --thank you..i feel a little better with your update..it's crazy how quick things change ..i was to spend the days between rrr and road atl. in joe's driveway.. work on our bikes take our ladys out to dinner..and then be off to atl....well looks like we will put that off till joe's ready to resume having fun again..mr.C..you have my ## call if you just want to blow off some steam and no i don't have any large screwdrivers....folks just last week joe told me he thinks charles is a bit touched ????i have no idea what that means :D:D....steve......................................................

#156 Well-Known Member

Get well soon joe. If anything I can do don't hesitate to ask.

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Charles, thanks for keeping us updated. Joe, we are continuing to pray for you. I think a lot of us know how detailed and focused you can be. We are all pulling for you!!!

Howie B.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You're a good dude.:up:

Charles, thanks for the info. If they don't read this first, please tell Joe and his wife that I can come over to the house and take care of anything that needs to be done while he's down.:)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thanks Charles (and Joe) for the info.

Anything they need just let us know.

19. rus23

rus23 Misfit

You are in our thoughts Joe, stay strong.

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks Charles,
    Does Joe actually get moved to Atlanta for rehab?

and Joe anything you or your wife need please let Kathy and I know. We're only a little bit south of Atlanta and can be there in no time. And will drive to Savannah if you need us.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013