1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Postseason Test] Valencia, Spain | MotoGP 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I wish they'd keep the plain carbon look.

2. povol

povol Well-Known Member

The Repsol Honda of Pedrosa had the fastest trap speed of 203 mph.
    Haydens production racer was the slowest bike at the test at 191 mph.

3. Yep. Its a great look. It'd be hard to tell them apart on the track though.:D

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Damn, those pneumatic valves give it some punch. Well that and Pedrobot probably weights about >25 lbs less than Hayden

5. povol

povol Well-Known Member

At the rpms they are at now [16-16500] does pneumatic valves make that much difference. When they were at 18500-19000, they were a must,but it seems pneumatics are being used more now for fuel efficiency, than making outright power at huge rpm's. I am totally surprised at the straight line speed difference between the two Hondas. With the extra fuel available, power was not supposed to be one of the problems with the production bike. I bet its Dorna's software that has it all bound up. Give them time to crack the code, but 12 mph is CRT type slow compared to the factory bikes.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

More like 40 lbs less.
    My lunch weighs more than Pedrosa.

7. They're shifting 4-5 times on that straight, so I could see the seamless possibly adding 1-2 mph by the end of the straight.

8. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Aoyama - 312kph
    Hayden - 307kph

Something seems off there on the same bike?

And btw, it's not only CRT slow... It is slower than the CRTs!

9. That's only 3 mph difference, so that could be due to Aoyama getting a better tuck, or maybe he got a good draft on that lap.

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Could the Aspar boys also not be full gas? For the potential of putting it in the gravel trap.

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would expect this to a degree. They only had one bike to test. They probably had the TC set a bit conservatively, which would slow the exit from the last corner and hence a lower top speed. Add in no seamless gearbox, maybe a bit less power due to the valves, riders not familiar with the bike means possibly slower mid-corner speed, etc.

12. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

He has also worked with Corser, Melandri (at Yamaha, and BMW). Not saying he is a step up on Burgess, but the guy has a very good reputation...

13. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Moto2 Day 1

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sam Lowes, good show.

15. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Going to be a long season for Crutch.

17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

For sure. It doesn't sound Ducati has anything new in the works.

18. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Ducati had a new fairing for testing at Valencia... the other guys had 2014 bikes that they've been working on and testing for 5+ months...

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They should've had Nicky on it for the last few races, maybe he could have helped, buy probably not.

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

At least Cal and Gigi "will be able to make a lot of changes"