1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Send Prayers for Randy Chabot

Discussion in 'General' started by tittys04, Aug 30, 2016.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Randy had a bad spill this weekend riding his new-to-him RM125 (that he bought from me a week ago) at an ATV park in Virginia. He was riding alone, so the facts about what happened aren't exactly clear, but riders that came up on him said that while crossing some kind of bridge, he was thrown over the bars and landed in the ditch/valley on his head, compressing his neck which is causing swelling/bruising.

He's currently in the ICU at Duke University Hospital. Fellow racer, Shane Hobgood is local to the area and has been doing an amazing job helping Randy and keeping all of his friends and family updated as he finds out any details.

From Shane's FB:
    "Nurses are urging friends and family to visit to help lift his spirits. I spend a few hours there today talking to him.

Randy is in room e805 in the medical pavilion at Duke. 8th floor. Visiting hours are from 9:00am-200pm
    4:15pm-9:00pm"

Randy is a retired Marine, who WERA and Next Moto Champion just recognized for serving his country and always helping people in need. You can read more about Randy HERE on page 58.

Please keep Randy in your thoughts and prayers, and if you're able to, take a little time to see him.

[​IMG]
    Randy and I at PIRC during the endurance practice.

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Hope Randy heals up fast. He's definitely one of the nicest guys in the paddock.

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Gee man... he was really happy to have bought that bike...sorry to hear this....

Rest and heal up Randy !!

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dang it. Praying for Randy for sure.

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Prayers sent.

6. LD

LD I do science

I'm swinging by to visit him after work today. Outstanding guy, balls to the wall about everything he does. I will relay all the good wishes, comments, and prayers on this thread to him. I believe our chaplain, Mark Merical, is coming down to visit sometime this week too.

Metalhead and tittys04 like this.
  7. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

positive vibes sent Randy's way!

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Randy is by far one of the nicest people in the paddock and would do anything for anyone. Wishing and hoping for the best for his speedy recovery.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Prayers lifted. Heal up Randy!

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Prayers sent.

11. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Prayers sent. I was so sorry and saddened to hear this over the weekend. Randy is the nicest guy, just love seeing him at NESBA/N2 trackdays. Prayers and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hoping for a fast recovery.

13. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

Heard about this the other day. Praying for a full and quick recovery for Randy. Always came across as a great guy with my interactions with him and his reputation precedes him wherever there is mention of him. Good guy and deserves the best.

14. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Prayers sent.......good luck!

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Prayers from me too.

16. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I'll swing by to see him after I see my last patient today.

omatter34, tittys04 and DucatiBomber like this.
  17. LD

LD I do science

I went at lunch time to see Randy. I read him the comments from this thread with all the thoughts and prayers, and it seemed to cheer him up a good bit. He has a breathing tube so he can't speak at the moment, but he's able to communicate by nodding his head "yes" and "no", and they have a transparent letter board that we can hold up, where he spells words by looking at letters and we can interpret where he's looking through the board. Slow means of communication, but still better than nothing. He has some marine buddies coming in throughout the week, as well as his sister tonight, and they told us the more visitors the better- so if you're in the area (or even if not) and you know him, I know he would love a visit. I'll be back to see him soon, and I know Shane is visiting regularly, so don't hesitate to leave him a note of encouragement on here for his visitors to read to him.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You're a good friend. He'll appreciate everything you did for him. Good job.

19. LD

LD I do science

I haven't done nearly as much as Shane, but will be doing what I can. Also, if anybody comes into the area to visit Randy and needs a place to stay, I have a few guest rooms and live about 45 minutes from the hospital. I know Shane has some space too.

20. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

Get well soon sir...and thank you for your service.