Places to camp with an RV at Daytona?

Discussion in 'General' started by dhaz, Feb 25, 2002.

1. dhaz

dhaz Active Member

Going down in an RV. Anyone know if you can camp out at Daytona? Do they have water and electric hook ups? If not, any place closelike a campground with water and electric hookups?
    Thanks in advance.

------------------

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can't get into the infield unless you are racing the AMA stuff. And even that doesn't happen until Wednesday the 6th. There is a lot off of Williamson Blvd on the side of the track towards I-95 that is on DIS property, they only charge $110 for the entire time from February 27th through March 10th - but no hookups at all. I remember there being a water spigot to fill your tanks but no power and emptying of tanks is done for $15 or so per time by a dude in a septic truck. There is an RV park on the other side of the track away from 95 but no idea on costs or name or anything.

3. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Mongo:

Are you sure about not being able to get in until the 6th even if you are competing? AMAproracing.com list Tuesday the 5th as a registration and tech. inspection day so I was assuming that one could enter and set up pits on Tuesday....

4. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

If you have the nerve, you can utilize the parkling lot where the K-Mart and Outback steak house resides. its just down from the track, far enough way from the strip, that the harleys won't keep you up at night.
    Cost is very cheap..

5. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

AHRMA is racing on Tues, but not using the garage area. Seems that maybe late in the afternoon I've seen some people starting to park rigs in the garage area. I'd try to contact the DIS Nazis before assuming I could do anything in there.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Whole different thing - I'm strictly talking about the RV parking in the infield for competitors - I have no idea on the garage/paddock area times or dates.

7. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Oh...cool.

8. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

There is a place right down a couple of miles from the track. Right near the exit of I-95. I seem to remember going right off the exit coming from Atlanta on I-95. Then at the next light go left and it's down on the left. Can't miss it. It was a cool place and pretty open with plenty of portopotties. I'll try and come up with a name and number for the place.......I think it was 10.00 to camp the whole time there.

[This message has been edited by UGA Dawg (edited 02-25-2002).]

9. nancy junge

nancy junge Vesrah Suzuki

There is an Rv park between the track and the airport. They have electric and water hookups and will pump out your tanks once a day. I don't remember what the cost is though. It is probably more expensive than other places but it was really quiet and I could walk to the track. Last time they let us double park with a friend in the same stall and we were able to split the cost, but I think they made an exception for us. To get there you take the road that runs along the east side of the track by the Mexican restaurant, take the first left, and then a right.

10. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

I was told by the track that RV's can park in the west parking lot of the track for $130. They will let you in on the 4th and you have to be out after the race on the 11th. It's first come first serve. There are no water hook ups or electricity so be prepared for that.

11. dhaz

dhaz Active Member

Thanks everyone. I actually found an RV park in Ormond/ North Daytona, about 18 miles North of the track. $32 a night with hookups and cable TV. I'm leaving to come back home Sunday after the races. Can you believe the same spot jumps to $65 a night starting Sunday night for bike week! Talk about price gouging. Anyway, see you there!

------------------

12. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Couldn't be because the airport is directly behind the track. I grew up in Daytona. [​IMG]

There are a couple of places in Daytona, sorta. Try Nova Campgrounds and there is one off of Herbert Street in Port Orange. Also there is one before you get to Ormond Beach which is located off of I-95, I think the town is Bellville. But if your are looking now, good luck.

13. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

Don't listen to Tracee. You can camp there. And don't worry aboot the little blue planes everywhere, they're just...uh...just don't worry aboot 'em. [​IMG]

And don't put anything ontop of your RV.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The RV park Nancy is referring to is between the track and the airport - but it's as you are driving, not as the seagull flies.

15. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Campgrounds and RV Parks at/around Daytona

Daytona Beach Campground
    Daytona Beach - (386) 761-2663
    Minutes to beach, speedway, dog track, fishing. 17 acres with 180 sites. Modern restroom facilities, heated pool, large store, game room, laundry, playground, shuffleboard, LP gas.

Encore Super Park
    Ormond Beach - (386) 672-3045 or (877) 277-3787
    Fax (386) 672-3026
    232 pull-through sites off highway. Clean modern restrooms, hot showers. Minutes from beach, racetrack, shopping. 70 acres of grass, trees, trails, etc. Solar heated pool, 2 laundries, gameroom, picnic tables, shuffleboard, dump station, LP gas, cabe TV.

Harris Village and RV Park
    1080 N. U.S. 1
    Ormond Beach
    (386) 673-0494, FAX (386) 672-5716
    Web site: http://www.harrisvillage.com
    Quiet, clean, neat little park. Family owned & operated. Twenty full hookups with 30 amp elec. Clean restrooms with hot showers & laundry facilities. Walking distance to Iron Horse Saloon. Minutes from golfing, boating, fishing, beach, shopping and Daytona International Speedway. Specializing in seasonal winter sites with on-site storage. Also Speedweeks and Bike Week. Small approved pets only. Reservations required.

International RV Park and Campground
    3175 West Int'l Speedway Blvd.
    Daytona Beach (386) 239-0249
    Web Site: http://www.internationalrvdaytona.com
    A country-like setting with nicely landscaped spacious lots. Brand new facilities, including swimming pool, and utilities all located within city of Daytona Beach. Less than two miles west of Daytona International.

Nova Family Campground
    Port Orange - (386) 767-0095
    Beautiful shaded sites. 10 minutes. from World's Most Famous Beach, dog track, speedway. Heated. swimming & kiddie pools. LP gas, groceries, laundromat, picnic tables, pets on leash.

Orange Isle Campground
    Port Orange - (386) 767-9170
    Camp in an orange grove tropical setting: palms, oaks, orange trees. 50' swimming pool, clean restrooms, recreation hall, city water, city sewer, 2.5 miles from the beach. No pets.

Ocean Village Camper Resort
    Ormond Beach - (386) 441-1808
    Surf swimming, tower-patio, tiki huts, grills, picnic tables. Night-time lighting on World's Most Famous Beach. Playground, Gameroom, laundromat, convenient store. Block-ice, bait/tackle. 30 AMP elec., hot showers, city water, cable TV. City bus service.

Rose Bay Travel Park
    5200 S. Nova Road
    Daytona Beach
    (386) 767-4308, FAX (386) 767-7020
    Pets must be on a leash. Reservations. Fishing on premises, water and electric, showers, pool, recreation hall, cable TV.

Seaside RV Park On The Ocean
    Ormond Beach - (386) 441-0900
    Right on the ocean. Most beautiful beach. No roads to cross. Enjoy sound of surf, brilliant Atlantic sunrise, moon over ocean. Amid condos. Walk to mall. Drive on beach.

Spruce Creek Park
    6250 S. Ridgewood Avenue
    Port Orange
    (386) 322-5133, FAX (386) 304-5515
    Web Site: www.volusia.org/parks
    Twenty-three acres with 17 campsites. Tent camping only. Fishing dock, 1/2-mile nature trail. Picnic tables with pavilion, playground, horseshoe pits. Restrooms with showers. Pets allowed on a leash.

Sunshine Holiday Camper Resort
    Ormond Beach - (386) 672-3045
    232 pull-through sites off highway. Clean modern restrooms, hot showers. Minutes from beach, racetrack, shopping. 70 acres of grass, trees, trails, etc. Solar heated pool, 2 laundries, gameroom, picnic tables, shuffleboard, dump stations, LP gas, cable TV.

Tomoka State Park
    2099 N. Beach Street
    Ormond Beach
    (800) 326-3521 or (386) 676-4050, FAX (386) 676-4060
    Web Site: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/parks/
    Salt-water fishing, nature trails, guided tours, boat ramp, 100 campsites. No pets.