1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Help at GNF V7

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Sep 22, 2008.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Hi,

It looks like I am going to make the GNF this year. My F2 is getting to Georgia from Oregon with a group of guys who did the WERA West. As they are not racing the day we do I was wondering if there is someone willing to let me share their pit. I really just need a place to park the bike as well as power for the tire warmers. Beer will be provided and consumed. If you can help that would be great.

Jon Leonard

2. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Do you have a canopy?

At the least,all you have to do is show up.We're all family (disfunctional at times too :p ) but no train wrecks & no schmucks.

Welcome!!

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

No canopy, the only things showing up are my bike, stands and tool box. I will carry my leathers/race gear on plane.

4. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Glad to hear you will be there Jon. It's been a while since we've seen you. I'm not sure I wil recognize you without the bread truck though.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Welcome back, Jon. One hardcore racer..............ship gear from Oregon to race at GNF!

:beer:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll stick you in tech if nothing else :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, I may even bring a certain bottle of Scotch that is still sadly unopened. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person :(

8. stickboy274

He may put you to work also. That's what happened to me. They regretted that pretty fast.

9. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

I have an extra canopy and chair I can throw in the van for you to use.

10. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Hey Joe how about an extra bike for me. HA HA. Lance

11. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

might be able to send a canopy with skwid as things are lookin a bit grim on me actually making the race.

12. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

All,

Thanks for the help. I just want to pit near the vintage crowd (pro pits?). A chair, some shade and a place to plug in tire warmers is all I really need. You guys will be seeing more of me next year, I have a new secret V4 weapon to go along with the trusty F2/F3. If a certain bottle of fine scotch shows up I will have to give it a quality check (or two).

Jon

13. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

I can get you in touch with a guy selling a yzf rolling chassis :D If 7mw were not on the track the same time as 6hw, I'd say use the fizzer.

14. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

There have been a lot of changes to Road A since the last appearance of the bread truck ('06 was it,?). 'Vintage only' is now the outside; search around for the rest of the info.
    You will easily find someone to share some shade & power.

I nominate KJ! He only brings one bike, & can't spell dysfunctional.
    Which can't be spelled without 'fun'...

15. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Guess that means I'm not :rolleyes: ;) :p

16. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The last time I was there was 05 with a severed ACL, that was not one of my funnest weekends for sure. So outside pits and look for vintage bikes. Is the new turn 12 at least kind of fun?

17. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I'm only racing on Thursday but you are welcome to pit with me.
    Mike
    404-966-4509

18. El Skwid!

KJ, you're plenty of fun... especially after 3-4 beers. :p

19. stickboy274

It's nie that you describe him as fun. Most of us say he's known to have a gay ol time.

20. El Skwid!

0 to homo in only 19 posts.
    You're slowing down, Stick.
    I'm on vacation, why aren't you working?