Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Why would you want to cross paths with someone who you obviously don't like? What are you hoping to get out of this interaction?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, what if I say the same thing?

I mean come on man, we all know Steve can be an asshole and is as crazy as everyone else but you really don't need to follow around riding his ass every time he posts something. It's really creepy at this point.

turbulence, mpusch, Hotfoot and 3 others like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know damn good and well you're not normal :D

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

....that was my takeaway from this thread. Seems like I only see post from him that are based on someone elses character all the time showing himself to be a really cross cocksucker who seems to be trying to goad a fight over some shit from "20 years ago"...

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I almost posted the exact same thing yesterday.

Gino230 and SuddenBraking like this.
  6. I can see him running around in a Cartman voice “respect my ah-thoar-it-ay”. I’ll buy his gear if someone records it.

Phl218 and Killswitch like this.
  7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

They both certainly have the same god awful grammar, spelling and punctuation.

condon66 likes this.
  8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, I wasn't there, and haven't seen any pictures on this area.

Something doesn't jibe here for me though, (an I'm an avid sailor, I jibe all the time)
    All this is over moving the OP's trailer one foot? How would that matter much if it was indeed, 1 foot?
    Just to be clear, I'm on the OP's side, because w/o permission, YOU DON'T TOUCH OTHERS PEOPLES STUFF!

Really, this thread over moving something 1 foot? C'mon

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

It takes just as much effort and energy to resolve issues as it does to become and remain upset about them. You either choose to obtain a mutual resolution or you choose to remain upset about it. You either embrace happiness or embrace misery. Even when we think we were “wronged”, sometimes it’s more productive to just simply move on.
    I know one thing, I would have at the very least, left this entire issue and whatever mental anguish it created at the track, in the paddock, as I left the Barber gates behind me after the event ended. No need to spoil a great weekend, otherwise. Hopefully, lessons were learned for both parties involved.
    Just my .o3 :)

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I think Steve kept his cool... apologized for the way he acted at registration to people he didn’t know and people that had no clue. it takes character.. 1 foot or 100 feet it dose t matter... it’s the point.

Being there yes with the skid pad closed off and T1 not being accessible things were tight. However I still have to disagree with Asshats parking long ways with stackers and a RV when other areas are available which they were.. I go to Barber about 8 to 10 weekends a year and have been for over a decade. Things looked packed but looking at the grids they were not. Sean it would be nice to talk to Management there in Advance about the use of the skid pad at bare minimum... also I don’t see a huge issue with pitting in the corner under the gas pumps.. across from tech I do see it..shit for Vintage fest there was not a spot to be found anywhere and things worked well.. however we did have assigned parking but it worked. There were at least 4 times as many people in those pits than this weekend too.

VFR#52, beechkingd and Killswitch like this.
  11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there were some people parking there Sunday after the wedding was over sat. night.. but very few.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You should come hang out one weekend. This is NOTHING compared to being there.

Shenanigans and JCW like this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

They're both CMRA racers, right? I figured it was some kind of Texas thing, but that infamous lawyer type dude seems able to write coherently.

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I understand but, I had two. So I'm saying that based on my own real-world experience. I knew I was putting you all together as one in the statement but I didn't feel like making it PC.

TSWebster likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

My statement wasn't directed at you. ;)

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Dude....try and keep up. We're 17 pages deep and have moved on to thinly veiled threats and a debate over the hottest silent movie era chicks.

K51000 and MELK-MAN like this.
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Is there room for one more on the "STFU John Branch" bandwagon? Every bit as crazy as Steve, but with none of the likeability....

VFR#52, JBall, scottn and 2 others like this.
  18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Based on this thread women's racing is alive and well in the Southeast......

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

F40993C1-4B70-4EF9-BEF8-BB3B91784AD9.jpeg

20. I don’t care if someone park in your officially reserved parking space wherever you are at. You don’t touch other people’s stuff, ever. Unless it’s pie, I will steal a piece of pie. Call me a thief, I don’t care :) but if a piece of pie was on the trailer and I needed to park I’d find another spot and just take the pie. Come back in the morning and see if I could work something out to park where I thought room could be made, make a peace offering for the pie I stole, then ask if they have any more.

Gorilla George likes this.