1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit bull TRS for dirt bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Jan 4, 2017.

1. HMM, dammit it TJ. Killing me!

2. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

I've used them for every bike I've put in the trailer. Pit bikes, dirty bikes, scooters, errthang. I'll never use straps in my trailer again. I even use a TRS for my rolling tool box.

3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Works for my 950 super enduro and 1290 superduke. Good stuff.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I think I still have pins for my (former) CRF250 - '08, hollow axle IIRC. If you're interested lmk and I'll look for them.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Dibs ! Sure!!!

6. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I have it for my r6 but wouldn't the whole handle need to be taller/ longer to fit dirt bike or do you just need the pins? If I just need pins I need some asap

7. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I too have an R6, when I got my pins for the YZ125/250, everything fit just fine. All you need are the pins. Go spend some money

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Need something for scooters. Problem is the single sided swingarm/engine/drive, there is nothing to grab down there.

Triple X and TurboBlew like this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Agreed. Pit Bull needs to come out with something for the Zuma's. I'd instantly buy one. Fucking tired of dealing with wheel chocks and straps. I know it's not easy, as if it were, they'd have done it already...but still. :D

Triple X likes this.
  11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Get creative... I am having a mount built for my new tool chest that locks into a TRS.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have something similar in my mind but i will stay with e-track....

13. KrashBandit

KrashBandit The other guy at Pit Bull

14. KrashBandit

Mike Godin did that in the KWS transport years back. Worked pretty well

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hmmm. Wonder how easily a TRS could mount in a cargo van...

Do you make anything for Harleys?

16. KrashBandit

We fit some Harley Sportsters, Streetbob/Fatbob, Breakout, Rockster, and Dyna models although aside from the Sportsters they'll all require a shorty aftermarket pipe in order to allow access to the axle. As for the cargo van, we've mounted them to our cargo vans in the past and even mounted one for a customer who drove to our location and asked for help. Might have to drop the spare tire in order to get it mounted initially but other than that - good to go!

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I put two in the back of my passenger E350, it was cake.

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So not all my bikes are listed. I currently have one TRS for my Ducati 1299, other bikes I'd need to get set up are my MV Augusta F4, 2007 GSXR 1k, 2005 YZ250, 2003 kx100 and a 2015 ttr50. Not all those bikes are listed for fitment on the website. Can you help me fit the others?

19. KrashBandit

Yeah, we'll need to take a closer look at the KX100 and TTR50. I'm headed down to the local dealership tomorrow to measure some other bikes. I'll look for them there but we might need to borrow your axle for a few days if we can't get a hold of the bike locally. Drop me an email or give me a call at the office if you want to get this rolling.
    MV Augusta F4: http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0075AV-000.html
    2007 GSXR 1k: http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0075AA-000.html
    2005 YZ250: http://www.pit-bull.com/product/F0075BT-000.html
    2003 kx100: will need the axle and nut in hand plus photos of each side of the bike to identify any potential interference issues
    2015 ttr50: will need the axle and nut in hand plus photos of each side of the bike to identify any potential interference issues

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I mocked it up in my express. Not that hard with the tire dropped. I'm going to order two bottom plates and use one on the bottom as a sort of a huge washer since I think the sheet metal may not like the weight of a bike pulling on it. A quick google shows dozens of people mounting them in vans though.