1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint 2

Discussion in 'General' started by c7fx, Mar 27, 2008.

1. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

Just finished installing this in my trailer. I noticed that the pins have a little slop maybe 1/8 of an inch. Do I need to worry about this? I was thinking a few rubber washers to fill the gap.
    [​IMG]

2. lightningforce9

lightningforce9 RIP GaWarrior

Its notheing to be worried about.

3. Chip

Chip Registered

Its supposed to have a little play...

4. vrooomr6

vrooomr6 Will work for tires

I think they do have a little room... I wouldn't worry. A friend of mine was damn near leaving darkies with this trailer and the bike didn't budge a bit

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I would have installed it with the bike pointing the other way but looks good to me.

6. Why?

7. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have one of those ST Stands. I guess I was thinking of that. WIth the PitBull is it more easy by yourself forwards or backwards?

8. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I was a little worried of the rattle so I placed two rubber washers between the axle pins and the bike axle. Doing this didn't complicate anything and made it more solid feeling.
    As someone else posted after buying one. I have a strong urge to buy another :)

If your asking about latching the bike to the base unit. It doesn't really matter its real easy anyway you want. My problem was the E-Track I have was in the same place I needed to mount the base plate.

9. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

I have two in my trailer. They work fantastic. They also secure wrecked bikes well. My buddy and I trashed our bikes at Tally the first weekend we used the PBTR. Oh well...

10. luckyhat12

luckyhat12 Silly Blue Rider

Mine is pretty tight but I freaking love it. I couldn't wait until I could get it to put in my new toy hauler. Between it, the tire rack, and my nice raxx I love the garage in my toy hauler.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

we have 3 waiting to be installed :-( damnit feather light needs to hurry up with our new 28 footer