1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pistol Dueling Tree

Discussion in 'General' started by triplestrong, Jul 25, 2018.

1. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Who has the low down on a solid set up? I've been looking for a week or so at different brands but have no real experience with any of them. Figure the 200 dollar area. I know I could make one (no time for that). Midway, Palmetto, etc...have a few. The 3/8" 500 steel seems to be where it's at for 9mm, 45, 357 cals. Anyone care to chime in?

2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

MOA Targets

3. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

triplestrong likes this.
  4. HighWay

HighWay Well-Known Member

Shootsteel.com
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

6. sdgers

sdgers Well-Known Member

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Lots of places have it, even amazon, ar 500 and you can shoot it with centerfire rifles too at distance.

8. triplestrong

Yea, I've come across a ton of different ones. Any of them better than the others? Is it a "you get what you pay for" type of thing? The price ranges are quite broad and most of the trees look the same. Thanks for the tips, guys.

9. Str8-Lurkin

Str8-Lurkin Well-Known Member

10. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/user/redstitched/videos

Darin is the owner, good dude, used to be fast, now he rocks a sweet Dad bod.
    :Poke:

He used to be on here, maybe he will chime in.

Edit - just shot him a text, said the best bet is to call him if you have any questions.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

If you're just using pistol it isn't as critical, that Spartan kit with a base would certainly work. Even a 3/8's set will be heavy with a hardened angle iron and base. Our club rifle sets use 1/2 in steel and they're a two man job to job to move around easily. All the steel I have is JC steel, he's a PRS shooter. Will you leave it set up or have to break it down and move it? It's easier to make a hanging rack with multiple sizes. Easy to make them different heights and use firehose or belting to hang them. I also have t post mounts with a hook from JC steel, targets react and I can easily set them up at different heights and distances and break them and haul them easily.

12. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I've got one from Shootsteel.com and it seems to be holding up pretty good. Had it a little over a year with some decent use practicing for 3Gun with my pistol and my son using it to practice using his AR9 for PCC.

Just ordered a bunch of knock over steel targets for cheap from Magnum targets . They have some dueling tree kits . They require you to do some welding though

triplestrong likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I bought a cheap $99 tree from Cabela's. You could tell it wasn't gonna be all that by two indications - the box, and the contents. :D
    Said it was good for .30 caliber rifle. I was gonna use it for pistol. Nope. Each arm reacted differently from each other and differently again with varying ammo/caliber. Lube didn't help. Said "fuggit" and took some shots with the AR. "Hey! Now it's working more like it's supposed to..!"
    Not even one mag down and the .223 mangled it. What a POS...
    At that point, I turned the .308 on it and watched a couple flags fracture. Disgusted by the breakage and determined to get some satisfaction, I took out the "anti-material" Barrett. One by one, the flags disappeared. I don't know where they went, they were just gone. :crackup:

triplestrong likes this.
  14. triplestrong

Yes, pistol only. I'd like for it to be mobile at any time. Looks like I'll be spending more than 200 beans on one haha. I'm fine with spending money on quality things.