1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peeps that camp in their box trailers

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Apr 3, 2010.

1. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

I used a really good sleeping bag and some blankets... you could always get a rooftop air conditioner/heater. I didn't mind the cold..it was the HEAT in the summer.

2. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

ive always done the motel split 3 ways when i go to the track. this year i am going to be sleeping in the bed of my pickup which has a cap. I plan on just throwing a foam pad down and a airmat. Sleeping bag for chilly nights. Im looking forward to being the first one to tech. lol

3. nads755

nads755 Well-Known Member

+1 for leaving fuel cans outside the trailer. Found that out the hard way. was sick for half a day!!

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Trailer has built in jacks in the rear of the trailer, so that's covered. My trailer is carpeted on the floor, hopefully that will keep some of the heat in the air mattress. I have an electric ceramic heater made to heat 500-700' that should do the trick keeping that trailer warm :) You guys nervous about leaving your stuff outside all night, bikes, fuel etc? I don't think this track has power just yet, it's newer and they're adding things on every year, so looks like I'll be stopping by lowes or hitting up craigslist today to pick up an inexpensive generator.

For the guys who camp at night, and run 1-2 set of warmers during the days... How big of a generator do you recommend ?

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

3000w or so minimum to get two sets of warmers, and have room for a fan or two on you.

I leave my genny in the bed of the truck. The bed sides dampen some of the sound it seems.

6. random hero

random hero Banned

another good idea!

7. Cujo1KRR

Cujo1KRR Track Whore

But quickly turns into a headache, too hot im bored when is it over OMG im hungry, I dont get signal here...............i could go on an on, bring a buddy who doesnt ride least you can smak him lol

8. random hero

random hero Banned

:crackup: so true...

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

How much is a good pit bitch worth on a track/race weekend? :D