Pedrosa crashes in Australia

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Try kick starting a KTM supermoto some time. :D

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Hell Yes:bow: Remember- Poison comes in small packages if ya mess with us

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I can only get one foot on the ground of road race bikes on the ball of my foot, less weight = free HP out of every turn:clap:

4. I completely forgot about kick starting the thing. Yea, I had to hold on to a tree with one hand to get enough leverage to do that, and it was only a Honda 250 4 stroke. I'm sure the KTM would have been a major pain!

5. Unfortunately I'm a chunky 5'8" :eek::D

I've always been a lot better at turns where carrying momentum is more important than acceleration.

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

2nd bike I ever owned was a Yamaha TT500, I had to leave it on the side stand to kick start it

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I stalled Cuddle's KTM (I think it was a 560) while trying to slide the back end in and wheelie out on the skid pad at VIR I had a ton of fun. Nothing to lean against for quite a distance. I had to lean the bike as far over on the left as I could, throw the bike up with my leg and kick start it while it was in its arc. I was wearing sneaker. After awhile I just gave up and pushed it the (what seemed like) 7 miles back to the pit.

Stupid diesel dirty bikes should have e start. :D

8. Oh man, the shame! Wasn't there enough hill left between the skid pad and the north track paddock to bump start it?

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Did you try skorts instead of a skirt?

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Haha, silly bot. His programming had a bad if then else statement in it.

As for his modicum of success, well. I'd stab any one of you to get the same.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There he is.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Graham Crosby did a simillar thing out here in New Zealand years back, poor bugger/s