1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patrick Dempsey, Racing Le Mans

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Anybody watching this series on the Velocity Channel?

This is bad ass! :up:

(havent seen it posted up, surely this is a repost?)

2. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Yes, recorded all four shows. Great insights into money and sponsorship...

3. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Yep, I watched all four parts. I thought itwas very good at showing the backstage stuff of what it takes to race at that level.

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a good series.

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

got all 4 recorded, just now watching the first one. alot of this is all part of "racing", be it cars or bikes. VERY VERY interesting.

6. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Agreed, it was very cool to watch things from a racer/owner's perspective. He is certainly in good company with Garner, McQueen and Newman, and they sure repeated that a lot.

7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yep. Great series. He was really in a bad spot after wadding up the LMP2? car.

8. Brett A

Brett A Well-Known Member

Used to chill with Dempsey when he was learning to race at Panoz. Super cool dude and very down to earth.

9. creator

creator Well-Known Member

Hey man. Who are you doing the endurance race with at Road A? Good to see you racing again!

Andrew Fahsholtz.

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1. Recorded/watched all four - really good series. Would be a great model to follow for a bike racing related series (seriously!). Could you imagine the exposure with such a miniseries about a Team Jordan or the like? A larger-then-life, originally-outside industry enthusiast getting involved in top level MC racing?

That'd be fantastic to see and such a positive swing for our sport.

11. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

That was running through my head during all 4 episodes!

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

The thing I got from it is at one point he got the bug and now works to race. :)

13. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

It's too bad McDreamy doesn't have the talent level of Newman or McQueen.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

From what I've understood his talent at driving isn't that bad. Seems like he's still on the newer side of the sport.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

He can't spend as much time in the car as he needs to, so he does play catch up a lot on the weekends

16. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That makes sense. For the amount of time he does get, he seems to do decent. From what I've seen, he's been an exceptional ambassador for the sport, which is another great thing. The more people pulled into the sport, the better.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

watched the entire series as well. interesting stuff for sure, and from what i gather.. he's a good driver ! no question he has the passion for it. Loved the bit where they crunched the front of the car a wee bit, and it was gonna be over $35,000 or something. Really put into perspective how expensive car racing is in that series, vs. bike racing at a club level.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

He finished fourth at Le Mans.

Co-driver or not, you can't do that without some serious talent.

He's right up there with McQueen for me.. McDreamy is freakin' cool.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, he's definitely an accomplished racer. I didn't realize Newman only raced Lemans once, I thought he was there quit a bit. He hated the media attention.

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

What caught my attention on the series was the 'mazda diesel' engine they were supposed to be getting. A diesel engine can really perform like that? I never knew.

Velocity is a great channel. Anybody ever catch "Philly Throttle"? That's a cool ass show too.