1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palo Alto / San Fran area peeps

Discussion in 'General' started by DucatiBomber, Jun 17, 2017.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Have and afternoon and evening tomorrow to spend sometime in Palo Alto / San Fran and surrounding areas. Anyone local with knowledge of anything cool/different we should see that is worthwhile?
    Both of us have been to San Fransico and seen the major attractions so looking for something not so "touristy".

Thanks in advance,

AAron

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Check out the bikes and exotics at Alice's.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  3. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Drive up Page Mill Road to La Honda.

fallrisk and DucatiBomber like this.
  4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

That's only 30 minutes from our hotel. Doubt I could get mom and daughter to commit to that tomorrow. Next time, for sure.

5. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

There are lots of cool spots in the Bay Area but it's going to be hot this weekend. If your family wouldn't dig Alice's I could give you a route that includes stopping in the small town of Pescadero and you'll see Page Mill as well as La Honda and the back side of Alpine. These roads are amazing to ride on and have great views.

But, I would suggest heading north to Point Reyes. It's a lookout over the ocean and it's a different world. You can stop in Point Reyes Station and grab lunch. The route includes the 1, you can hit Lagunitas brewery on the way home.

cpettit likes this.
  6. You must not have control of your family like I do. Just a random fact: my wife doesn't read the BBS :)

pscook likes this.
  7. Woodsrider

Woodsrider Well-Known Member

Drive north over the bridge and up to Mt. Tamalpias, and hike up to the fire watch tower the view is fantastic

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She is on facetubes tho.... :D

9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

We have family activities planned all weekend, short trip to San Mateo. In Foster City ATM. SFO Chinatown and waterfront today. Some fancy Chinese restaurant tonight for a banquet, then fly out tomorrow. But I'll keep this on the list for next time.

Amen. See above. Wife's family stuff this trip. When mom in law buys the tickets, we tend to follow her itinerary.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I'm in same boat. Out here with Fiancé's fam for her sisters graduation from Stanford so I'm on a pretty tight timeline also.

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Go have dinner and wine at La Costanera on the coast between Pacifica and Half Moon Bay.

Also the walking path along the coast that used to be HWY 1 by the new tunnel is pretty sweet.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Go get necked at San Gregorio State Beach.

13. I did straighten the trailer :)

14. Ya we are heading to the gulf next Saturday, she was in charge of accommodations. I said just find a place you like. Didn't think it was going to be $5k for the week but oh well. My only deal was I'm escaping by myself a couple half days to go fishing. About $500 for fishing and 12 or so hours vs an extra $2500 vs where we stayed last year. I agreed that was fair :)
    My wife's actually pretty good about most stuff and not very "needy" so I'm pretty blessed in that respect.

pscook likes this.
  15. Or just anywhere you want.

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I have free range on liquor. She doesn't drink, so it's up to me to make up the difference. I'm all in. Packing a water bottle of Black Russians to the restaurant. Like Donkey Kong, it is on.

17. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Ended up heading up to Alice's on La Honda and then headed over to route 1.
    Stopped at Sharks Fin Cove for a few hours then headed back towards San Jose and stopped in Los Gatos to eat.
    Really fun day.
    Thanks for the suggestions here and the people who text or called.
    The BeeB never fails to deliver (good and bad lol)

Ride safe,
    AAron

Shenanigans, fallrisk and caferace like this.