1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overall Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Dec 29, 2010.

1. got40

got40 On hiatus...

:stupid:

2. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

As someone who races both CCS and WERA I am very familier with the concept. Overall regional champions for top 10 experts in each region is kind of cool as you can assign those single digits to run the following season. I have won 3 regional overalls in the past 4yrs and I am far from a deep pockets racer. I normally run 5-6 races a weekend. last year I did it with a 600 and am proud of that. I think the WERA points system would actually be better for it then CCS as they dont pay points so deep. Also limiting it to your best five finishes or so would make it more meaningful. One thing CCS did to make it a little more important to have good finishes in bigger classes is to use a performance index which means classes with more riders pay more points effectively for 2nd on down. first always pays the same. sort of like a batting avg. Usually the person that wins the overall also wins several class championships along the way.