OT - Concealed Carry guys - recommendations (again)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Sep 19, 2008.

1. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

ROTFLMAO :crackup::clap: Britt, you brought tears to my eyes from laughing so hard :D

2. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

I picked up a 2nd gen Kel-Tec P3AT this weekend. The thing is so tiny it will be with me always, in clothes and places where I wouldn't be able to pull off the (still "compact) G19.

I took the wife shooting yesterday, rented her a Sig Mosquito and let her put a couple hundred rounds through the 9mm. She loved it and now she wants a gun. I'm thinking this is my opportunity to move up to a .45 for days when I can fit it in the wardrobe. Thinking about Glock 30 or 36. Need to try 'em on and test them out, I'm not sure if I can get used to the super short grip. I also checked out the Kimber Crimson Carry II in the short barrel at the gun show this weekend, that's a cool gun but I really, really like the simplicity of the Glock.

3. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Our IT manager has one on his side at all time. :up:

4. ThrottleJock

My "problem" is that I'm 185lbs and lean, and I wear clothes that fit me. Makes it tougher. The P3AT disappears w/ anything including board shorts and no shirt... but i have trouble making the G19 disappear even with an IWB at 4 o'clock and a forward cant. It's not bad with a t-shirt but forget about it with work clothes. It fits real nice in a modified holster mounted in my laptop case though.

5. dashow1173

dashow1173 Well-Known Member

The Springfield and the Ruger are pretty good guns to look at if you want a 380 or a 9mm and you are still not trying to spend too much money. If you want a decent with quality then you will have to pony up a little more money for guns like the Glock or Sig Sauer.

6. Yup took my wife shooting a couple weeks ago. Within a week she filed for her Georgia Firearm License...and frickin 7 days later it showed up in the mail. Took me 70 days and I have prior military background.:confused: Anyway, we are shopping around for me another one...as I bought this M&P 9C for her (I broke the gun in for her):D now I get to buy me something new...thinking the M&P 45C, or something else...not decided yet.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yeah I hear ya. He wears untucked loose button up shirts so it conceals the pistol fairly well.

8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

back from the dead.......

anyone have experience with the Para Big Hawg or Carry 12? i would like a Carry 12, but with the traditional single action trigger(since it has a 3.5" barrel), but no luck finding such a gun.

9. iceman017

iceman017 alive and kicking

Thread jack.... sort of. I MAY get a HK USP for Christmas but it would be really helpful if I knew where to tell Santa to get a good price. Santa is in NC mountains but will be going to Charlotte next week, also would probably travel a *short* distance to buy. I'm in Jacksonville FL but haven't looked around here yet. but then again I hope to not be the one buying it.... Any suggestions???

10. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

I CC a .44 Magnum. If I can make that disappear, you can make anything disappear.

11. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the glock is superior in quality to the sprinfield xd??

I call bs on that one. I have a xd-40 (I mean used to have one before I lost it and the rest of my guns in a boating incident).
    The xd is a great great gun. I along with many others feel it is superior to the glock.
    I have thought of picking up a glock 19 though. Just cus.

12. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

I just picked this up the other day. Kel Tec P11

nice little piece. Conceals easily and comes with a 10 round mag, but you can go up to a 12 round and still be flush mount.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Consider the FN FNP-9 series. FN is a Belgian maker that produces mostly military weapons for NATO, Seals, etc. FN also actually makes the Browning Hi-Power 9mm, among others. Great quality stuff that is priced very well, due to the fact that they don't have the name recognition that HK, Glock, Sig, etc. do. I have an FN FNP-9 "M" model, which is the compact version. Small, but not too small, fits will in the hand (even sz 11 paws like mine!) and still chambers 16! A perfect carry piece. Brand new, with case locks and three mags, I paid $371 + tax. This gun lists for $550, and can be found on the net for $479 or so. I basically stole it! A friend of mine who is a master machinist (and fast racer) looked it over, compared it with his Glock 19 carry, and after curing profusely, promptly asked me if I could get another one!

Good luck! :up:

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i went to the range today and rented a Para Carry. it was only a 6 capacity single stack, but i wanted to shoot a short barrelled .45 that was a LDA(Light Double-Action). i liked the double action alot better than i thought i would. the single stack grip, along with the short mag didnt fit my hand as well as i would have liked, but i think the Carry12's longer, double stack would fit much better.

i may have found my next gun.

15. Brian675

Brian675 By the beard of Zues

Both good guns. Have you tried looking into Sig Arms?

16. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Mmmmmmm, Sig....

-steve

17. ThrottleJock

That FN Five-Seven is a cool gun. Armor piercing 20 round semi-auto handgun, just in case you ever need that.

18. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Quick question for the BBS, I know this isn't a concealed gun, but my father in law just got a "Hi-point" .45 to add to his collection, it was only $140 brand new (he doesn't exect the highest quality out of it) he was just wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it. Who better to ask than the BBS :)

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mmm... rust.

20. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

Not the best handgun and no real way to field strip and clean, but it's better than nothing. I have a Hi-point 9mm that I can't shoot at the range w/o multiple FTF & FTEs.

I wouldn't trust my life with it but for throwing it in the bottom of the 4x4 during hunting season to get banged around and then pop off some rounds for fun, it's just right.