Onboard clips for DVD - music suggestions???

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 15, 2003.

1. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Basically, I'm planning a season of racing on DVD, from my perspective (and that of those that I race with). Take a look at my crappy web-site. I've posted some grainy clips from the on-board, and I need some suggestions for music to go with the clips. The final cuts will consist of the races, with cut-aways to the other camera views, with some music behind it all. Plus, lots of track/pits footage of friends and racers etc etc....

http://www.geocities.com/mark_c_brereton/

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for creative camera angles, or whatever. I'm a racer first, not a web-site designer, or film-maker. I just want something intresting to keep as a souvenir of all this racing stuff. :beer:

Oh - and you'll see me around with my camcorder, feel free to get in on the DVD :D

2. MarkB

Hmmmm....can you guys not see any of the video clips or something???? I try to make the most spectacular film ever seen, and nobody has anything to say????:(

Well, I understand.......perhaps someone could just let me know if they can pick up any of the clips or not. I'm not very technical so it may not have worked......

Finally, any suggestions on the music would be great - I'm thinking of some techno - I know Huey will approve:D ;)

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Ahem, Mark...:rolleyes:

As for the music..."ATB - Till I come"...I think that's the title of the song. Good base, nice set up and good peak...

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The clips look good. I'm a slow racer, so I always wondered what traffic look like on the track.

Music:

"Highway to Hell" - AC/DC
    "Back in Black" - AC/DC
    Any AC/DC song
    "Sanitarium" (?) - Metallica
    "Ride the Lightning" - Metallica
    Any OLD Metallica song
    "Born to be Wild" - Steppenwolf
    "Roll me away"(?) - Bob Seiger

5. MarkB

Thanks Darrin - I'll check out all those suggestions for sure:cool:

...so the clips work for some, and not others...????:confused:

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You're welcome :D .

7. 418

418 Expert #59

It's prolly my computer or sumthn'...damn 56K...:mad:

8. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
    The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

:mad: :mad:

9. MarkB

Fu$king Geo-bollocks:mad:

I'll get on to it.....

10. MarkB

Ok - Its back up. I had to delete the clip of the crash at Tally, but hey, we've all seen crashes, right?

:beer:

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

Its not how much is on there, its how much you have served to other people in a day... find a new host.

12. MarkB

As I said earlier......

Fu$king Geo-crap

13. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

First tip...get rid of Geocities! :D

Music choices...

Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (anything from them!)

ATB is always a good choice

Paul Oakenfold

14. squid!!!!!!!!!!

squid!!!!!!!!!! Well-Known Member

salsa music

hey mark i will like to see if you have some movies from me if you do let me know ok. vico # 707

15. MarkB

Re: salsa music

....yeah...well maybe if you slowed down a bit I could film you:D ;)

I think I did get some of you Vico, definatly at Tally. I'll keep you in mind when I review the tapes, and give you a copy.:D

See you at RA:cool:

16. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

still can't access. :mad: :mad:

17. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

Mark if you will e-mail me the clips i will post them on my server so you will not have this problem:D [email protected]

18. MarkB

Thanks Greg - that would be great. The site comes in and out of avialablity. Like at the moment its available. But I think if more than a few people access it, it goes down again:rolleyes: .

So, if you could just lift the clips from the site to yours, that would be great. I'll send out anr post directing it to your website instead.

You going to RA?

19. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Just about anything by The Prodigy. Personally, I'd like to set som bike footage to Smack My Bitch Up!

20. MarkB

Yeah, or The Prodigy's FIRESTARTER - that would work. Thanks:D