1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OHVALE GP-0

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Minis run at Talladega, all the west coast tracks, Nelson, Barber.

No school needed for the minis especially if you've already been racing them.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So a Mini can run nelson full track?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, we're trying it out. Ran the class in May and again in a couple weeks.

4. assjuice cyrus

Ummm, Where would I find the classes ages and info for bikes allowed for minis at nelson?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The rulebook..

We don't have class specific age limits.

6. assjuice cyrus

Wonder how the ohvale 110 auto would do at nelson?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only one way to find out.

8. assjuice cyrus

Interesting, What is cost for the minis? Can an 8 year old run mini class?

Same requirments as big as far as safety wiring and what not?

Anything else a first time wera mini racer needs to know?

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

6. Any rider under the age of 18 may not compete without the duly notarized consent of parents or legal guardian. The notarized consent will be retained by WERA. In addition, each rider under the age of 18 must have on file with WERA a minor release form which can be obtained from WERA. Some facilities may require this form every weekend, the forms will be available at registration. Rider 8 years old may ride in practice only with the mini’s. Riders 9 years old are limited to 50cc & 80cc classes. Riders 10 years old are restricted to F/E/D/Clubman class machines. Riders 12 & 13 years old are restricted to 650cc/LW Twins machines. Riders 14 & 15 years old are limited to “C” class machinery. Riders 16 and older are allowed to run any WERA legal machinery. These limits may be changed at WERA’s discretion on a case by case basis.

10. assjuice cyrus

Thanks. Mongo he turns 9 in January and has been racing a 50 for two years. If I read this right, he cant race only practice? He just got a 110 ohvale so he could practice in the superbike 50, but not race? Am I correct?

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I just happened to be looking at the mini stuff in the rulebook as the Ohvale experience at PittRace got me thinking...
    Anyone renting these things to try them out for the weekend at Nelson Ledges?

12. assjuice cyrus

I may know someone that might be coming that has both a 160 and a 190. He may rent one not sure.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Thanks Mr. Mongo!

Appreciate the clarification. Pretty sure my season's over in Mini's this year...but this helps me think about 2020.

14. assjuice cyrus

What mini do you run?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude. Seriously, go read the rulebook. Also check out the mini forum. Then come ask questions :crackup:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Technically yes but since he has experience we can ask the boss. Email me.

17. assjuice cyrus

Thats not as fun.:crackup: I get excited and just start typing.

The one question I had that the rule book didnt cover, says bike must have steering damper? Does that inclued minis?

What is your email?

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’ve been running my Grom this year at NJMP, Sandy Hook and United Mini Moto.

Decided to take the plunge and get a 160cc GP0.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No damper on minis, tech requirement is much more basic for them.

EMail is secret :crackup:

20. assjuice cyrus

You should come to Nelson.