1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins fork oil

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SVandST, Sep 2, 2008.

1. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

What weight of Ohlins fork oil do you use with Ohlins cartridge internals, the 5 or 10?

2. SVandST

Anyone??

3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I'd say start with the 5 wt.

However, it would be a good thing to hear from the guys that work with the Ohlins stuff alot, to see what seems to work best.

It's kind of a crap shoot anyway, if the internals have been modified from how Ohlins sells them.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

#5 and #10 MIXED 50-50= #7.5!!!!!!

Ohlins oil is also the very best due to there testing work in the Snow with Snow vehicles.

The oil does not change from cold to hot, so when you pull out of the pits, what you feal NOW, is what you are going feel in 20 laps time

Apart from the buzz facture of course

5. SVandST

I ordered the inner fork tube, Tom. Should be in tomorrow or early next week. I'll probably be giving you a call next week. Thanks!

6. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Their oil does change its viscosity with temperature.

7. SVandST

After some investigative work I was able to find the Ohlins mounting instruction manual for the FGK 118 on my bike. It calls for Ohlins 01311-01 oil which is their #5.

8. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

OK, a slight strethch of the truth then!

We have had it tested here in New Zealand, and the change was so little, you would have to be very very very good to pick it up as a rider!

9. Ironman11

Ironman11 Well-Known Member

just an idea why dont you call ohlins and ask them yourself? Nothing better than the people who make the stuff