1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM Fairing Repair

Discussion in 'General' started by skee, Sep 21, 2017.

1. skee

skee # 358

Anyone have a contact that repairs and paints OEM fairings? Did a search but didnt find anything recent

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Get a new to you panel is easier sometimes: Classifieds or FleeBay

TLR67 likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And a lot less expensive too....

BigBird likes this.
  5. Don't bother unless it for a track day street bike or something to just repair the structure of it.

6. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

If you want the parts to be 100% perfect OEM, it is not possible to do it at less than the cost to buy new / replace. Unless it is a very limited edition or an old part that cannot be easily purchased ( or purchased at a reasonable price ect)

I've been involved in motorcycle paint for over 15 years, and am very invested in the plastic / composites technology side of this industry. There are 1000 half-ass ways to make semi-decent repairs, and I'm sure the dozens of people will start chiming in here with all the plastic welders, expoxy resins, melted legos, and all that. The fact is that motorcycle fairings just aren't the same as car bumpers, and neither is the paint that is one them.

I own a paint shop, and I think we are pretty decent at it, and I buy new OEM replacement parts when I need them. ( or I custom paint the whole thing, but I still usually pick up a non-cracked fairing to start with).

7. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Or just pm me ...........