1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama's NASA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, May 14, 2014.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

no more using Russian made rockets to send satellites into space either
    NASA had no plan B when the US started putting sanctions on Russia over the Ukraine split

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bush did it!

4. sheepofblue

Actually one thing Bush did was lay out a long term plan for a trip to Mars. Certainly it was not perfect but it started with a trip back to the moon (or to for the first time for wackadoodles). I cannot 100% remember but I think the plan was to establish a moon base and then onto Mars. While it had flaws it provided a long term focus and objective which would have been good for NASA. Instead of continuing it or tweaking it Obama killed it and replaced it with a Muslim outreach goal :crackhead:

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Private enterprise will save the day. The SpaceX Dragon ship was designed as a people carrier, I imagine that agenda item is going to be bumped up the priority list.

http://www.spacex.com/dragon

7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

To this day, I do not get the glue that keeps the coalition on the left strong. I can only derived it is cemented in hate.

9. styles

styles The untrained eye

Fear of bible thumpers and rednecks. :D

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

How sad where the space program has ended up.....:down:

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hawk, I too wonder how the party of the Democrats stays together. I really honestly believe that a lot of the Democrats still look at their party the same way it appeared decades ago. Back 30 or more years ago it was basically a pretty good party made up of people that had some good ideas. I'm talking about the people of the party and not the leadership.

The leadership of the Democratic party has evolved into a group of people that have a more grand, social ideal that is willing to do whatever is necessary to remain in power. They gather the poor, huddled voters, I mean masses, around them in order to keep that power. My confusion comes from the fact that many of the party members, especially the older ones, have not gone to the trouble to figure out what their leaders are doing and where they are attempting to take this country.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, it seems that Obama and friends have no sense of pride of country. Instead of being in a leadership position for technology and science for the US he seems to be more interested in lowering us to a more humble do nothing status. The man confuses me. Where the fuck does he think he is? Nigeria?

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Orvis, I see your point. But my confusion extends from my inability to reconcile the composition of the masses the leaders of the party preach to.

I have questioned this on a few occasion here, on the board.

The ideals that make-up or are leading causes for the democrats are not generally gel across their constituents. The leaders, however, have done an exemplary task of picking as many divisive social issues to wage war against the republican party (the party of rich-old-white men).

I maintain that only hate (or just pure ignorance or hyprocisy) could sustain the constituents. Because how else could one party be so inclusive?

There are issues that bring masses to fight the war againt the rich-old-white guys but would implode if there was no evil to stand against.

A few religions are not pro-equal rights (for women, homo-sexual, etc.). A new communities/nationalities/minorities, on these same issue, are stuck in decades back further than what republicans get accused of. We see examples of this too often, to call it an anomaly.

I say, if the republican party were to be terminated, the democratic party would implode.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

15. sheepofblue

Gave me a lecture on ice :Poke:

Is she Muslim :Poke:

Just kidding I hope she had a great time and learned a lot :up:

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It was live. Small window. :D

She is an infidel.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Eff NASA. I was a fan too until my sister brought me to the light. Half the time their shit didn't work. It broke. Many of their programs burned through billions and never went anywhere. If it had been a private company with all their fuck ups it would have been shut down long ago. Why should my money go to some dumb bish ass-tronaut who tosses a $100000 tool belt away? Space X has already kicked their ass into obsolescence. I want my NASA money back.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You know. I kind of agree with you. While I am not entirely opposed to government spending in space research, I do believe we could get a better ROI via the private sector. Like any, many, of government entities, there is much money that goes to waste with little to no accountability. And, sometimes the spenditures in managment are greater than they need to be.

True story here!

A department (Ocean Engineering) drop-out. Later a drop-out from the university (after attempting Mechanical) is currently working at NASA. Found another university and another program (civil). Total re-rebranding.

We used to joke about some of the guys that we went to school with, about not crossing any bridge they may have worked at. This individual was on that list. :D

My friend's daughter was interested in NASA but I recommended she seek work via the private sector.

19. sheepofblue

You do realize that Space X is basically trying to duplicate something already done in a commercially viable way while NASA was (is) doing stuff that has never been done right?

NASA is far from perfect and is NOT a commercial operation thus your thinking is off IMO. Certainly you can propose the government did not have sanction to do it but I think your standard is daft.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I do realize that your opinion has no basis in fact and that I never said NASA was a commercial operation. Continue.