1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O/T: Best place to advertise a Conversion Van?

Discussion in 'General' started by TrentThomas, Nov 3, 2004.

1. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

So, I've got this van I need to sell, and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences (good or bad) with any of the on-line sites for selling these kinds of specialty vehicles?

Yeah, before someone flames me, I know this is kinda just a cheap plug for the ad http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=694817#post694817, but I'm genuinely clueless and curious if there's a good way to get this out in front of a buying auduence...

Thanks.

2. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I can tell you that Ebay is a great way to sell _fast_...but yo won't get anywhere near $10,000 for it. I bought my 96 Dodge conversoin van (exact same description as yours except for the hi-top) for $3000.

If I were going to sell it, I'd do the Auto Trader thing. When I compare the prices the ones in AT are significantly higher than Ebay.

4. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Dude- You live in Waynesville...

Park it on the side of the road, and offer it as a tourist attraction.

Put sticks and leaves on it and call it a semi-natural rustic 20th century habitat.

5. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

:D

Actually, the side-of-the-road thing worked pretty well several years ago when we sold my wife's car - I printed out a sticker from KBB or Edmunds and parked it in a lot on Main Street, and we had a lot of calls and a buyer within a week.

Maybe I can try that again...

6. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Trent,

I don't remember which online service I listed my last truck on but........pricks.

They offered a fair rate for the add and guarenteed the service.
    If the truck didn't sell in X number of days they would refund the cost of the add. I think it took a month after the guarentee lapsed to get my money back.

In the end I donated the truck to the local women's shelter and took the Blue Book value off my taxes. I actually made out better doing this than selling the truck outright.

7. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Thanks for the idea...
    www.autotrader.com looks like a good place to start.