1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

number background question

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by cyclocrossfool, Dec 3, 2014.

1. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

started racing w/ uscra last year and want to do some wera , ahrma vintage events this upcoming year. for my classes i run in cra ( and ahrma)-uses black numbers on a white background. wera rules specify black numbers on a yellow background for novice racers.being theres no (ive been told)seperated novice/expert classes in wera vintage and a simple switch of numbers plates wont work /, i have a full fairing bike/ can i use black on white? will there be a problem at tech ? thanks in advance, tom

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Vintage it'll be fine.

3. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

thanks for the quick reply. saves me from painting a new background and applying new decals, going back and forth.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries.

I've even been nice to people using the DMG color scheme and they're not even in business :D

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Mongo I'll Piggie back on this and ask can I use like a neon yellow for the number plate? Think Rossi yellow. The kiddo you met loves the color and can see it easier..

6. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

My amateur plates were neon yellow, and it passed without issues

7. Mine are and no one has ever said anything. I wouldn't worry too much about it honestly.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neon/fluroescent yellow is actually appreciated.

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Since we are on number plate colors...how about red with white numbers for experts?

10. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Rulebook chapter 6

3. EXPERT riders must use white numberplates with black numbers. Current year MotoAmerica number plate colors may be used in Expert classes.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That being said I'm going to ask for your MA license to prove it too....

12. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

RTFRB?? Lol

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You finally got it didn't ya?:D

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Oops...yeah...RTFRB is right, sorry! And thanks.

15. jeffr1ey

Lol yeah :D

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

WTF is RTFRB?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

^^not serious.... are you Tuna?

18. jeffr1ey

^^ haha..