1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Commando

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by jimraynor21, Feb 10, 2013.

1. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I don't know jack about these bikes but I happened to see it on CL. Thought some of you guys might appreciate it

http://norton.4yourinfo.com/

2. Commander_Chaos

Commander_Chaos Hillbilly Genius

It's really nice, but I don't need two:)

3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't know a lot about them, but I have a soft spot for the Norton Commandos.

That was the first motorcycle I ever rode, which wouldn't be odd, except that it's 12 years older than me, and I was 21 at the time.

A friend of a friend in CA had all sorts of vintage cars and bikes, and had promised to get me some seat time on a Hodaka dirt bike. When the Hodaka wasn't running properly, he let me ride the Norton instead.

In his words, "I'd be worried that the right-side shift would screw with you, but you've got no other bike experience, right?"

4. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

I've owned 6 of them over the years and liked them. Typical British iron.....you gotta love to work on them if you want to ride.
    Never had a drum brake model though.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I have a 1971 roadster. Orange metalflake paint job - ya gotta love the '70's. Last year of the drum front brake. I suspect the advertised bike is pricey - no price listed + the original owner = premium.