1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Central Newbies to be

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by ton, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Thats the plan. Bikes still apart, and leathers are at Spyder. I'll probably only do Saturday to try and save a little cash, had a little too expensive of an opening day at Wrigley :D

2. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Cool, I will be coaching both days and would be happy to answer any questions about getting started. Look for a Carbon fiber R6. I think I will get a Garage for this weekend.
    You will find many people ready to help, dont be afraid to ask.
    Rick

3. stimpy451

stimpy451 Flappy Bits

Hello! This is really good to know. I did Team Chicago school (on a TLS 1000 DOH) year before last and didn't get my bike together for this year, but I'm planning on 5/14 @ Grattan. I'd like to do the WERA school for seat-time and also do V3 on the same day, don't know how that will work. I just sent in the app for my license.

I'm just finishing a '68 Norton 750 Atlas for V3 and I haven't started safety wire or anything yet. It would be awesome to have someone take a look at the bike before then....and share some Sapporo.

I live in Saginaw. =(

Pete

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  4. gsxramar

gsxramar Well-Known Member

That's gonna be first race and I can't wait.

5. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Loooks like this weekend is a bust. Leathers are back today, but had some crap come up last min. Shooting for the next weekend at Grattan, Sat and Sun.

6. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Which is BAD ASS!!!!

7. ton

ton Arf!

not having the time for a full weekend at Nelson, i'm going to be out at Grattan on Sunday this weekend. so... anybody that's doing the same and wants to get a head start on the May race weekend, let me know.

8. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Mark,
    I dropped you a pm.
    I'll be at Grattan Sunday and hope to see you there

Steve

9. ton

ton Arf!

replied. see ya!

10. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Mark,
    Thanks for the help at Grattan.
    See ya at the races.

11. ton

ton Arf!

Here we go! First race weekend of the year for me. I'll be getting to Grattan on Friday morning and plan to be there all weekend. Hope to see a bunch of newbies!

12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

With Gman not happening it looks like Beaver might be the next time I get to ride.
    Is there going to be a friday practice? As it is I have only a handfull of laps at Nelson this year and none of them near "up to speed".

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good stuff.