1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non track bike rescue..

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Raceless man, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Friend of mine was moving. He had a 1981 CB 650. Gave it to me. It's in rough shape. Gas stained carbs and engine cases, threaded post and nylock nut on the front master cylinder (super hot setup from europe), hulk Hogan clutch lever, quad pipes are in pretty good condition, has all the lights, doesn't look like any fasteners have ever had a wrench on them, good tires although front is flat. currently, ghetto amateur black paint job.
    I wanted to put inverteds on it and a pizza plate sprocket and have some fun but that just ain't gonna happen. I thought I would put it up here for a couple days and then get sir Craig and his list of wonderful stuff.
    I can not say what millage is as the cluster says 4345.7 but I know zero about this bikes history. Brake pads (front) look almost new Drum rear brakes again, super hotness.
    This bike is a conundrum. If anyone is interested I can send pics or whatever.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Hah, I got a 1980 CB650 from a friend once. No front brake master, carbs gummed all to hell, valve clearances in the weeds, tank spigot cracked so it leaked badly, no gas cap. I got it running, put a pitbike front master on that was WAY too small but it at least worked better than dragging my feet and... ended up selling it as parts at a swap meet after riding it a few times.